1,300 results
All reviewscream suiteorange suitebrown roomorange treesrooftop terracehammam and massagean oasisthree nightslamb taginebreakfast and dinnerevery eveningthe hustle and bustlehighlight of our tripthe ground floorstayed longermint teaday tour
Reviewed 3 January 2018

One would be hard pressed to find a finer Riad in all of Morocco than the Laaroussa. Here the coming together of all the things I look for in my travels have coincided to create the perfect whole. From the most genuine greeting on arrival to the sweet send off 5 days later. this friendly and excellent staff made this a quality experience from top to bottom. No request seemed an issue, everything was able to be accommodated, late meals early meals, picnic meals, snacks, fruit, dining in our room, in the library even in the kitchen all requests were met with smiles and reassurances.
The garden was exactly what I had imagined it would be (you know how photos can be deceiving) open, spacious, flowers, fountains, orange trees in fruit, overall peaceful and relaxing. The location in the Medina is perfect and not a strenuous hike in or out. I would highly recommend a guide to walk you around and show the sights and experience the narrow streets of the Medina. It is after all the reason you are here in the first place; ask for MoMo you will be glad you did. My personal thanks to Kareem, Badiaa, Anwar, Malik, and Hennane for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The Terrace room is large and airy with a view of the ruins on the hill across the city. Also has lots of windows.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank tom l
Reviewed 27 December 2017

We loved our stay at Riad Laaroussa. The location was great, the facilities were fantastic (the pool was amazing), and the service was wonderful. I was able to have an impromptu cooking lesson with their amazing chefs (I am SO mad I didn't write down the mint lemon aid recipe better - we still talk about it and I haven't been able to recreate! :( ). We also booked a spa treatment while there - the facilities were amazing.

We booked a tour guide through them and he was awesome (we did the same thing at our hotel in Marrkesh - this one was INFINITELY better). He did take us to a pushy rug market for 'tea' (but really an aggressive sales pitch) - you may want to tell the staff that is not an activity you're interested in when booking to avoid an uncomfortable situation later. Other than the rug place - he was awesome (you can tell they really vet their guides).

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ratch123
Reviewed 25 December 2017

Could this Riad possibly be as good as all the positive reviews? The answer is yes.
A combination of courteous, friendly, and efficient service and a beautifullly restored and decorated Riad. As retired military we have stayed in accommodations all over the world and I would rate LR at the top. Fez, the medina, and Morocco are a unique experience, but thanks to the efforts of the LR staff
(Malik, Karim, Babida (sp), Rajae) the nerves of a couple of seniors were kept calm.
We stayed in the Orange Suite which was on the first floor( no stairs)and it was perfect for wife and I and our college student grandson.
I would definitely recommend a guide for your entire stay. We had Momo who was
enthusiastic and knowledable. He is used as a guide for visiting government dignitaries,
so I would book and confirm with the Riad well in advance. He is a culture and history
guide (not a shopping guide) but did show us some very nice shops.
The meals at the Riad were excellent but note that food prices are relatively expensive at all restaurants.
We arrived on Tues, left on Sat. (Ryanair from Madrid). Toured Fez with Momo, day tours to Atlas mts. and Roman ruins-needed the 4days.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2017

I have had the wonderful fortune to travel to a fair amount of places around the world and to stay at a lot of great establishments in really interesting places. I found this place to be in the top five for me. The hotel (riad) is beautiful, interesting in layout and well-maintained. On top of that, the staff is even better. They were immediately welcoming and continually astute and available. The top terrace in the morning is a must, the fire and library in the evening is relaxing. The food service is also worth experiencing, even if staying at another Riad. I must also mention that the staff is very accommodating on fes medina ventures, and also in misadventures, assuring an honest and welcome visit to Fes.

I must also mention Rajae and Badia as professional, astute, very personable and caring.

I highly recommend this establishment for even the most seasoned traveler.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Upon arrival we were upgraded to the suite for free. Good start! The suite was beautiful, overlooking the garden. The whole Riad is stunning, clean and very well kept, located in the centre of the Medina. But what makes this place special is the staff. Smiling, genuine, helpful, thoughtful, overall good people. Everyone will go out of their way to assist with any issue. The Spa was also very very good. Will definitely come back. Many thanks to everyone there for a lovely experience!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends