See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2014

This "hotel" was my worst accommodation experience so far.
Me and my friend booked online 2 single rooms at this hotel. When we arrived, we were told there are no rooms free and the hotel staff sent us to a hotel on the opposite side of the streets. However, there was only one room available. So we returned to the hotel Tomboukto and demanded our booked rooms. After some back and forth the guy from the reception took us to some rooms, which were basically some kind of a storage room (when I put it in nice words). The door was not possible to close, the windows were not possible to close. There was no private bathroom which we booked. And it was incredibly dirty. So we denied to stay in those rooms for the money we paid. The guy from the reception called then the owner and I spoke to him explaining the situation and what we were given. The owner was rude and insulting us, so there was no sense to continue in the conversation and we left. We didn’t find any hotel in Fes after all and stayed the night on the street. Its unbelievable that even though we booked the rooms 20 days ahead, we stayed in the end without any accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The only thing nice about this place is the terrace, other than that, the room was dirty, the sheets hadn't been changed, (there were hairs on the sheets). The staff wasn't very useful, they didn't manage to give us any basic information about the town when we asked, they had to go and find the owner each time you asked them a question. The owner himself was quite unfriendly and didn't tell us much , just to eat in the restaurant he owns in front of the hotel. We had paid two nights and only stayed one.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The rooms dont have security... I try to switch the room and they gave me another tinny one whitout light... I ask for a bulb, and they gave me a bad one...
Then i realise that there' not lock in that room also... I try to explain the owner and he seems to be an idiot.

I ask for my money back and i left.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Being a not so intelligent and risk taking female american I decided to spend four days alone in Morocco and of course risked staying in a shady place because well, I'm cheap. This place is that too, it's cheap. With that said, the people were very helpful and kind. They did not scam me in anyway (but then again I reserved everything online in advance and they could not charge me for anything but what was on my printed receipt). Breakfast is free, but if you have other meals than they should charge you. This seems obvious to me, but maybe not to the others who are giving reviews? I didn't feel like my room was super sanitary, but this place is cheap. It's a hostel in Fez for heavens sakes! I know that all the bedding that we had was washed before we came and the bathroom was.. not the best. But it was private and got the job done. Also, the help was just that, very helpful. They can't speak French or English super well, but they have become great mimers. They really do try. If they couldn't communicate with me they found someone that could. When I showed them my concerns for safety at night, they tried to introduce me to other hotel customers so that I wouldn't have to be alone. Overall, I got what I payed for and I really didn't mind this place at all. It was a cultural experience, not a cruise, and that's what I wanted anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The hotel is located just on the edge of old medina. It takes 2 minutes from hotel to enter medina. People are friendly and they treat you as a menber of their family. In a neighborhood there is a small restaurant with really friendly owner.
If you're travel in winter or spring time you could be cold at nights, soo ask for extra blanket, because the air-condition is not helping much. If you're clean addicted you should bring your own sheets or sleeping bag.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple