“Appauling, avoid!”

Ranked #20 of 75 Hotels in Casablanca
cork
“Appauling, avoid!”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

All staff extremely unhelpful whether you speak to them in French or English. If they dont have what you want at the bar, they will offer no alternatives and walk away.

Breakfast is awful, eggs taste like powder, bread was stale, when I asked for a pot of coffee an empty pot was taken from a used table and put in front of me. The waitress then said something nasty about me in french when I ask her to change it, obviously not aware that I can speak french!

Room service is just as bad, if not worse, the rib eye that I ordered I wouldnt feed to a dog.

This hotel was soooo bad that I emailed my company asking them to stop sending us here!

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lollie84
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The hotel is well located for downtown (although the area near the 'Mall of Moroc' is much, much nicer). The hotel was nice and very clean. The breakfast was also good, although the orange juice and coffee was the worst I had in Morocco.

The service at the hotel was appalling. When unloading our luggage in front of the hotel, we were approached by several doormen and told to 'move off' and 'park elsewhere'. No one helped move the luggage and we had to lug it into the hotel, whilst being harassed to move the car. The check-in process was equally appalling with the reception being very terse (we were told that our pre-paid room was not pre-paid). A doorman suddenly appeared after our check-in with a trolley and took our bags to our room where he actually expected to be tipped (this same guy had told us to move our car immediately).

The niceness of the hotel may have overcome the consistently poor services; however I would not recommend this hotel on two counts. The first is that the air conditioning was far worse than I experienced in several dar's (Moroccan B&Bs). The aircon is controlled by floor and they turned off the aircon from approx midnight until 7 am and from about 11am. Those times are based on my waking each night sweating. Repeated calls to reception and speaking to the front desk on this issue did not improve the situation. Not what I expect from such an expensive hotel. The other reason I would not recommend this hotel is that the IBIS MOUSSAFIR is attached to the Novatel. I expect that you would receive the same clean environment, poor service and lack of aircon for a much lower price. They are also in the process of building a Sofitel as part of the same complex so you could sleep at Ibis but enjoy the luxury of the Sofitel lobby/restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christian H

Travellers are raving about these Casablanca hotels

Istanbul
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Nice location. İt's really close to city center. You can go everywhere by walk.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed here overnight during our stay in Morocco. We couldn't wait to leave. Whil the hotel is new, clean and comfortable the staff has a terrible attitude. They were rude and unhelpful. I had a prepaid reservation for two rooms and twice I was given a very hard time proving that the reservation was prepaid. This is not an attitude I'd expect from a major chain.

I also tried to email them prior to my stay - had a question - and I never received an answer.

The poor attitude of the staff my the entire stay there quite unpleasant.

Room Tip: Be prepared to deal with the poor attitude of the staff.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I was on a business trip to Morocco and decided to spend 2 nights in Novotel.

It has a wonderful ambiance, nice and clean , in consonance with the image of a recognized brand. The flowers in the room and lobby were regularly changed. The view of the sea from my room was fantastic, although a lot of the harbor activities were also visible.

The staff however does not come to the standard of such a novel chain and should be trained properly. The location is central, very close to harbor and the King Hassan II Mosque which a major attraction,.

The place is very close to many cafes where true Moroccan culture can be cherished while sipping Chai. the traditional tea which has some cardamom and too sweet.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business