All reviews free wifi business hotel standard hotel hassan mosque bed was very comfortable very nice hotel breakfast buffet stayed one night taxi driver barcelo casa director marrakech
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Barcelō Casablanca is a new, modern, and spacious property located just 20-minutes away from the heart of the Mosque Hassan and other points of interest. Although centrally located, the service and staff knowledge was disastrous. We were recommended a restaurant La Sqala (which we already had in mind) and requested the front desk agent to call and reserve as we are aware of the Ramadan observance and it may cause a problem to just show up. Ensured by the agent that we do not need reservations we take a 10 dirham taxi to the location, to find that all food has "run out" at 8:00pm (just an hour after opening time). FO should have done more to ensure we would not run into problems. We taxied to another restaurant to go called La Bravaroise for 20 dirham (which was midway from the hotel).

Upon returning, there was no one at the desk to greet us.

In the early hours of 5:00am my partner came urgently ill with food poisoning and I reach out to the front desk for assistance for medication or at least tea - I was informed housekeeping and doormen were not in until 9:00am. With my disappointment I go to the front desk in person and ask for assistance with any first-aid kit they may have or pharmacies that may be open that I was not able to find on Google. (everything was closed on Sunday). To my surprise I was handed a print out with local pharmacies that "are open" by the agent Mohammad. I asked if they were indeed open and was ensured they were, after my 7-minute walk through neighborhood filled with closed stores, of course the pharmacy was closed. Upon my return I requested water and tea be sent to the room, the agent confirmed. However never asked for my name nor room number.

At checkout, while paying $3.60 EUR I offered to pay in dirham however hotel did not have sufficient change - I decided to charge and the amount came to $4.50 USD. I was not informed they would charge in USD and add a fee for using a card. I'm not sure the reason for the dishonesty, I would've been quite alright with paying additional for using a card.

Coming from the hotelier world, my experience with this hotel is extremely horrendous and I highly recommend seeking another hotel with better service, or staying at an AirBnB for <$30 USD if you're looking for bare minimum accommodations. Hotel staff was unhelpful and did not do the bare minimum to ensure our stay with pleasant.

Room Tip: We chose a front facing room to enjoy the view of the street. Choose a room in the back if you want an interior quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynniz
Barcelo-Maroc, Public Relations Manager at Barcelo Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for the time you took out of your day to share your comments regarding your recent stay in our Barceló Casablanca hotel.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at barcelo casablanca tor two nights it was really a great experience this place has the best location ever the room was simple but so clean and comfortable . the best thing in this hotel was the high professionnal service specially zakaria he was very helpful and friendly i bothered him every time with my silly questions but he was so kind and helped me every time with his particular smile thank you zakaria for making my stay so easy

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank rachelmargaretusa

Firstly we would like to thank you for the lovely review you shared following your recent visit to our Barceló hotel and are delighted to read that we were able to match your holiday expectations.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Chaos is in the DNA of this hotel. Half of the services they claim are not available or functions wrong. I had to pay for the train to the city from the airport even though I had booked a taxi pick up. For example I needed cash exchange between US dollars to the local currency. It was impossible to do it after 4 pm. I explained that I had business meetings all day, the Butler took the freedom to answer, in front of his manager “ sir, you have to follow the rules, it’s not like your country here”. Even though the currency board was still displaying “ currency change available “. The sheet have stains on them. The restaurant is very noisy and smells horrible. The room service takes hours to bring your food and it gets to you with half the things you requested. And overall, the elevators don’t work at all. Having to climb 12 floors to my room was horrible.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Very chic hotel. A very nice hotel with a mini bar that's well stocked. Lovely view from my room. A buffet breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised when I ask for coffee at breakfast and a 500ml pot of coffee was brought. Clearly a place with class and close to so many attractions.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Barcelo-Maroc, Public Relations Manager at Barcelo Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent holiday experience among us, our main goal being to ensure we keep on delivering unforgettable holiday experiences to our guests, your comments are crucial in this process therefore we highly value your time and constructive critics

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The best experience on our tour of Morocco was at the Barcelo Casablanca.... a little jewel in the center of the city.
The restaurant is intimate and elegant, the cuisine delicious. We loved the Fish Tajine, and returned on the last day just for this. It was our best culinary experience in Morocco. The bar is great to relax to watch sports on the comfortable leather couches.
The service that made this hotel so outstanding was ZAKARIA ALAMI. Our travel agent, Elite Travels of Morocco had made a total mess of our reservations, our bags did not arrive with us from New York, and we were miserable, especially as our Travel Agent abandoned us.
ZAKARIA ALAMI went out of his way to to uplift our first visit to Morocco and was so incredibly helpful in every way.
The Lioness from New York.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkCastelino
Barcelo-Maroc, Public Relations Manager at Barcelo Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018