1,582 results
All reviewsanimation teampancakespool areabar stafffreshly squeezed orange juicesaladpizza hutmeal timessnake charmerskids pooltennis courtstable tennisaqua aerobicsgreat holidayon a daily basiskids clubthomson rep
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We landed into Agadir about 2:00am and we'd pre-arranged a private transfer from the airport to 'Kenzi Europa', the drive took about 30mins with no traffic.
Check-In wasn't good, the guy on reception while was polite showed no interest and certainly wasn't welcoming. We had to ask where everything was in the hotel (the WiFi code, where the breakfast room was / times etc... He really didn't care).
Before I come onto our actual room, I should point out the original room the guy on reception gave us was disgraceful, but only in the day light did it become apparent how fifthly, dated and dirty the room actually was (and once we'd slept), we insisted on changing rooms first thing in the morning...
The original room had a poky balcony to squeeze a chair, and the view was a wall, literally a wall facing you, the walls of the bedroom were fifthly and covered in stains, the bathroom was dirty, one towel and no toiletries and the air con didn't work, lamps and painting were chipped - disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful... literally all first impressions of 'Kenzi Europa' was horrible.
As you entered our relocated room there was a spacious and clean bathroom to the left, with 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels (that was once white, but now are very discoloured - we only saw 1 'white' towel the whole duration), a bath (with a shower head), a hairdryer, full wall mirror, toilet and bidet, (not all the toiletries or towels were replaced every day though (shampoo, toilet roll and soap were missing sometimes and we had to call housekeeping).
To the left was a double wardrobe with plenty of hangers for two people, a full length mirror and shelving. There’s an electronic safe but this was useless as it never worked.
In the bedroom area was a flat screen TV mounted to the wall, there was about 24 TV channels (3 English channels: CNN, BBC News and an entertainment / movie channel), there was also a work station, chair with small table, a mini fridge, but no kettle or tea / coffee facilities, The bed was massive and very comfortable, as too was the pillows! There was 4 lamps in the room all worked.
Our relocated room was on the first floor and was pool facing, (our room was 1101), we were able relax on the reasonably sized balcony with a book n' glass of wine in the evenings... It really was great! This room was a great size and did us perfect for our stay.
The breakfast is between 5 & 10am, however, if you're up early for a tour (as we were on Saturday 30th Dec) we went down at 6am and it was just cereal, nothing was set up at all, even though employees were buzzing around, I tried stopping and asking some for help, not one of them would help me. (I only wanted a spoon for the cereal).
However, every other day, we were down for breakfast between 8 & 9am and there was a huge selection of breads, fruits, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, salads and a nice selection of hot food (porridge, omelettes, eggs, potatoes, beans etc...) there's even freshly juiced orange (there's a guy there juicing) - we were impressed with breakfast!
There are three outdoor pools: one with slides (that everyone loved), one to swim, and a kid’s pool (I was up early enough to see them clean the pools every day, which was good to see).
There’s a spacious outdoor area with sun lounges and tennis courts, I was really impressed with the outdoor area. If you have children there's employees to keep those (and big children) entertainment, from what I observed this was impressive especially one fella how really was treating everyone personally every time I seen him interacting with everyone.
There was also entertainment on every night in the reception area which was a good place to go if you want to pass a couple of hours and speak with the other guests, it’s also great for the kids!
There is a gym, although there's no treadmill, there are weights, bikes and a cross trainer though.
I checked out at 3am as my flight was at 6am, Checkout was quick and the man was pleasant (this time… I was the same guy as check in).
The hotel is in a great location in Agadir, it's about a 5 minute walk to the beach, a 10 minute walk a great supermarket called 'Uniprix' (where prices are half less of all the shops around the hotel, including for your souvenirs), a 20 minute walk to the Marina and a 40 minute walk to the massive market (this is a great walk that I'd recommend to see some of local Agadir - and the market is a great experience too).
I'd probably recommend this hotel only if you had young children and didn't want to venture out too much or too far, but I’m not sure if I’d return based on the hassle at the beginning.

Room Tip: Our relocated room was on the first floor and was pool facing, (our room was 1101)
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AlanWhiteman
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Just returned back yesterday and stayed at the Kenzi Europa Hotel with my family for one week. Although I don't like to leave reviews and find many over complain in the reviews they leave as that has become our negative impact of leaving feedback. I will be honest and say our stay was very good and although on my previous 2 visits we had stayed at the Caribbean Village Agador and those stays were brilliant too. The Kenzi Europa is central and in a very good location, the rooms are very nice and very comfortable beds. The entertainment team are friendly and the rest of the staff are ok too including the security staff at the front- could do with smiling a little sometimes but who can blame them? The food was average to good and the main thing is the hotel tries it best and doesn't claim to be higher than the 3 star plus ratings. If you bear that in mind and you get what you pay for then overall you will be happy. The main thing is that you get to meet wonderful people in these hotels and you say to yourselves what a good environment and similar people to us staying on holiday with us. Thumbs up!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Jan A
Mahfoud F, Directeur général at Kenzi Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment, we were very happy to welcome you in Kenzi Europa during your stay in Agadir.
Glad to learn that you appreciate our rooms, location and staff. Please be assured that your remarks will be taken with a deep interest. Our aim is to provide our guests by the best services and make sure that we are 4* hotel and we do have a certificate about it.
Looking forward to welcome you again among us in Kenzi Europa Hotel for your next visit to Agadir.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Just returned form one of my favourite holidays ever with my wife and 3 kids. This hotel is far from perfect in any way, however: we met wonderful people, had lots of laughs throughout, the Moroccan staff and locals were great hosts and kept us entertained all week, and to top it all the weather was glorious sunshine. If you go on holiday looking for negatives you will find them. Go on holiday to get away from the 9-5 of England and look for positives in situations, guaranteed you will enjoy yourself . Well done Kenzi Europa you gave us a holiday & New Year we wont forget in a hurry.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
11  Thank 277happytraveller
Mahfoud F, Directeur général at Kenzi Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Guest,
We are very grateful for all your good and encouraging comment and for choosing Kenzi Europa Hotel for your holiday in Agadir.
All our team was very happy to have you among us and we are glad to know that you had a fabulous stay. Our staff is doing its best to make your holidays enjoyable.

We would be pleased to see you again among us in January.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2018

This is somethimg I thought I would never have to do - give the thumbs down to this hotel. THe location,rooms & staff are second to none. What lets this hotel down badly is the food. Christmas & New Year Gala dinners were fabulous as usual, but the rest of the time, cold everything. Take aways were the order of the day for most families. I am a regular visitor to this hotel so have seen it sadly decline, such a pity. Come on Kenzi Europa you know you can do better. The new entertainment a lovely lady duo have replaced the tired boring nightly quartet & I believe Khalid & his animation team will be bringing in new acts for the new year. Improve the quality of the food & will be back to being your number one fan

Room Tip: Not may accesable electric sockets, take an adaptor or gang socket. Only available english channels are BBC world & CNN,
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank VIVenneSTAFFS
Mahfoud F, Directeur général at Kenzi Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Guest,
We were happy to welcome you among us in Kenzi Europa for your stay in Agadir.
We would like to thank you for your feedback and we assure you that we have read with great interest all your remarks that we wish to collect them during your stay to allow us to investigate and do the necessary on the spot.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back among us in the future in order to offer you our best service.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Got transferred to this hotel after first one was not suitable. The staff here are very friendly and helpful, there are door staff that will help with bags and open doors, expect to pay everyone a tip, between 20 and 50 diram. Right the food, they have eggs, scrambled and boiled, don't expect sausages or bacon, I tried the scrambled egg and it tasted sweet, not my taste. They have a wide range of cereals and bread, or salad if you fancy that for breakfast. I found their bread a bit sweet too, I must say they make pancakes with honey and they are amazing. We didn't have main meals there as our budget didn't allow but it all looked amazing. They change bed and towels every day unless you put the do not disturb sign up. You only have fridge in room so would advise a travel kettle and coffe/teabags take with you. Overall lovely place to stay and would highly recommend

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lynne C
Mahfoud F, Directeur général at Kenzi Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay in Kenzi Europa.
We are glad to know that you had a great stay with us and we appreciated your valued feedback.
All our team was very happy to have you among us and we would be honored to welcome you again in Kenzi Europa Hotel for your next visit to Agadir.

Directeur Général de l’hôtel Kenzi Europa