“worth a visit”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2015

Found this restaurant by pure chance and I would have to recommend it. Well priced, food very good and fresh. Also well presented. Staff friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 4 February 2015

There are several places in the area which serves similar items, steaks and seafood etc. You can go posh or you can go cheap, I think La Lampara is somewhere in the middle in terms of price point.

I must confess, I was sold on La Lampara thanks to the photos of the seafood platter posted by previous patrons, thank you TripAdvisor.

As the weather was changeable that day, we opted to sit inside by the window instead of alfresco. It seems like a family run business, the cheerful young man took our order and returned with our drinks and some bread & olives.

It was quite a long wait for the food, we joked whether they had to run to the fish market to buy the seafood fresh there and then, but when it was ready, boy was it worth the wait.

As titled, I've eaten seafood platters all over the world. I didn't expect the quality of the seafood platter in Agadir to be ranked up there with some of the best I've ever eaten. Everything was fresh and cooked to perfection. It was surprising that despite there being a lobster in the platter and 2 huge prawns, the star of the dish for me was the whiting. The flesh just fell off the bone and the (smaller) heads crunchy enough to munch through and devour. As KFC used to say, it was "Finger licking good", and my wife would attest to that.

I would recommend this place definitely. If we had stayed longer in the area I'm sure we would have come back again. Anyway, I will now let the photos do the talking... enjoy!

Reviewed 11 January 2015

A family business restaurant with a bar used by the local residents. Terrific tagines pastillas etc. Seafood was also very good - prawns and lobster. Attentive staff who were very friendly and gave a wonderful welcome on each and every occasion. Make you feel that you're very special.

Reviewed 12 November 2014

Found this lovely restaurant by chance last night Was on my own and was made feel very welcome Food lovely and reasonable. The staff were very friendly and helpful and service good Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great restaurant and extremely good value for money, went for a few drinks on a evening at first but then sampled the food, awesome if the word!!

Not an over complicated menu but plenty of choice , the fillet of beef with Roquefort sauce is a must!! At around £8 its also extremely good value.

Nice place and definitely will be returning, I didn't get the staff's names but thank you all from the couple who came in every night up to Monday this week drinking Flag Pils!!!

1  Thank Dave B