“Best Strawberry Smoothie ever!”
Review of Cafe Diem

Cafe Diem
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Ankeny
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We love the Strawberry Smoothies here! Also every coffee drink is amazing! The owners installed a coffee bean roaster in store & it smells so good in there! Friendly staff and great place to meet and talk.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Love the hot chai tea at Café Diem. They have almond milk available to add to the chai tea, which I prefer. I do not like strong chai mix as it is too spicy. Likewise, I don't care for chai tea if 80 percent is just milk. Generally, at other places I have to taste test and then work with the employee to figure out the right amount. At Café Diem, it is just as I like it without any adjustments. They have a number of teas available, along with various coffees. Great atmosphere - quiet even with groups of people meeting with their electronics. Electrical outlets everywhere to charge electronics. There is even a small meeting room (seats around 10) for a bit larger group to get together. The employees are friendly and patient. After ordering, you can sit down and they bring your drink to you. They have delicious looking food available - snacks and lunches. I haven't tried, but they look great. Bathroom is kept clean. Great place for a get together with friends or a meeting. Some privacy is offered in several corners if meeting is confidential; however, I would use the meeting room for confidential information. Also have drive thru for that quick drink or snack.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

I study here twice a week, great atmosphere to tuck away and get stuff done. They do a great job on recommendations and helping you find the perfect drink!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Cafe Diem is the perfect little stop for coffee, breakfast, lunch, or catching up with friends. Delicious baked goods, sandwiches, and beverages are perfect to fill anyone's tummy. They have specialty coffees and shakes fitting the monthly season or holidays. The venue is relaxing and a perfect work space also. I lived in Ankeny for a year and this was the only place I would ever suggest to people. If I were to change anything, I would suggest to make specialty sandwiches that change seasonally also. A new fresh variety is always good for the returning customer. Thanks for being an awesome place with awesome workers.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 2 January 2017

I have gone here several times a week for years. I have had business meetings in the private room off the main lobby room. I have had job interviews there. I have had Match.com coffee dates there. I have gone there alone to just read the newspaper and read e-mails in my laptop using the free wi-fi. The coffee is just standard brown water. The pastries look like they were delivered on a truck recently and are baked somewhere else. The prices are competitive. They charge 50 cents to refill a $2.20 mug of coffee. Most other local coffee shops have free refills. The wi-fi is slow. If you need good high power wi-fi, you better go to Starbucks. There are a lot of soft big chairs and several comfy couches along with some tables with regular hard bottom chairs. It is usually quiet so you can hear to talk to each other. The staff is very friendly and they try hard to be fast. The staff looks like local community college kids who are working part time.

Date of visit: December 2016

Been to Cafe Diem? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK