“Someone needs a clock”

Ranked #16 of 16 Quick Bites in Ankeny
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 10 August 2018

I called today to order an ice cream cake for tomorrow. It was difficult to hear the woman who answered the phone, but I told her I wanted to order a birthday ice cream cake for tomorrow. There was a silence on the phone, so I asked if they made ice cream cakes. She responded by saying in a snippy tone, "Ma'am, we need 24-hours notice for those." I said, "OK," and she hung up.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I have gone to this Dairy Queen many times with my friends throughout High School. The $5 lunch is has amazing value for the food you get. The ice cream there is very good, and you can still order old time favorites not offered on the regular menu. The food is pretty good as well.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 17 November 2017

This DQ has been busy most times that we've visited. Sometimes the service is okay and sometimes it is really slow. The workers frequently look really dirty.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 12 November 2017

The service at this DQ has been bad the last 4-5 years. This is the only soft serve business in the Ankeny area, not counting the larger fast food chains, and with that niche in the market, you would think the managers of the business would strive to keep customers. We have had drippy soft cones, a night manager holding a cigarette in her hand, chatting with an employee in the back, while we stood waiting for service. We have seen employees with long overdue for washing work clothes and somewhat dirty work areas. We have stopped trying to support the local business, and have ventured to other local cities to get ice cream.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I stop by this Dairy Queen's drive-thru at 1:30 in the afternoon figuring I had missed the lunch rush so it shouldn't take very long to get a blizzard wrong they wait on one car at a time and once that car has whatever they ordered then they wait on the next car. It took 20 minutes to get a small Blizzard and there were only two cars in front of me and I watched as one of them got an ice cream cone and one of them got what appeared to be a blizzard. If you have a half hour of your day to kill to get ice cream well then it's a Dairy Queen and go for it if however you don't have that much time to kill I would not recommend this place it takes forever!

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to Dairy Queen? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK