“Ice cream that makes me scream”
Review of Dairy Queen

Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Ankeny
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 12 November 2017

The service at this DQ has been bad the last 4-5 years. This is the only soft serve business in the Ankeny area, not counting the larger fast food chains, and with that niche in the market, you would think the managers of the business would strive to keep customers. We have had drippy soft cones, a night manager holding a cigarette in her hand, chatting with an employee in the back, while we stood waiting for service. We have seen employees with long overdue for washing work clothes and somewhat dirty work areas. We have stopped trying to support the local business, and have ventured to other local cities to get ice cream.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I stop by this Dairy Queen's drive-thru at 1:30 in the afternoon figuring I had missed the lunch rush so it shouldn't take very long to get a blizzard wrong they wait on one car at a time and once that car has whatever they ordered then they wait on the next car. It took 20 minutes to get a small Blizzard and there were only two cars in front of me and I watched as one of them got an ice cream cone and one of them got what appeared to be a blizzard. If you have a half hour of your day to kill to get ice cream well then it's a Dairy Queen and go for it if however you don't have that much time to kill I would not recommend this place it takes forever!

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff. Drive thru was busy. So a bit slow but not too bad. Prices are ok and the food tastes good on a hot day. Marcydiner tantrum scale of 5/5-no screaming kids.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

The service here is consistently bad but they are always busy. It shows the power of DQ ice cream. I am sure the owners don't care because they have to be raking it in. Until people stop going will it ever change. I do love DQ and I don't always want to go to Culver's or Sonic. It was another bad experience- slow, the staff visibly do not care and my order only vaguely resembled what I asked for. ( dipped cone not a chocolate cone. My strawberry sundae had hot fudge mixed in too. What?). Obviously this place will never change because they are the only DQ around and have to be making money so I guess I am stuck with writing a review complaining like every else

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

We have not visited this DQ in a couple years. They have changed the hot dog... THE Worst.... They give you a crappy nasty tasting hot dog. The hot dog is very small.

We used to stop weekly for a hot dog.. We are done with this place.

The drive thru windows are SOooooo disgusting..

Been to Dairy Queen? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK