“Not enough meat”
Review of Taco John's

Taco John's
Ranked #84 of 162 Restaurants in Ankeny
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: At Taco John's®, we serve traditional Mexican food-with a twist. By fusing bold American flavors with south-of-the-border spice, we've defined our signature menu. From our trademark Potato Olés® and freshly prepared tacos to our infamous breakfast burritos and made-in-house tortilla chips, you'll always find something to crush your craving. Come see why our customers become life-long fans. Visit at Taco John's Ankeny today.
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Had the steak street taco.....or I like to call them the vegan taco.....three steak tacos...two of them had 4 pieces of 1/4 inch square steak and one had 5....could not taste the steak...filled with lettuce and a little cheese

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018

nothing you would not expect. the quality is exactly what I am looking for when I go to Taco John's. although they have many items that are flavorful, my favorite is always six pack and a pound. the tacos are small but good, and the potato ole's are fantastic. the only problem I have with TJ is that they have Pepsi instead of Coke. guess they have to when they are owned by Pepsico. too bad.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Taco John's is a blast from the past for me. I love coming back to Iowa and hitting a local Taco John's. I crave the potato oles and taco bravo. This visit was a let down. The facility was nice looking with the Taco John color scheme. The place was picked up and clean.

The service was bad. The two employees interacting with us gave off the vibe of wishing they were anywhere accept at work. The food was way over salted. The normally awesome potato ole's were so covered that we did not finish them. This visit has me thinking twice about my choices when coming back to Iowa. Memories are sometimes better than reality.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Fast food restaurants are everywhere, and when you need to drop off the healthy track for a bit and try something fast, the TJ's would be my stop. They have daily specials and offer a "Six pack and a pound" meal, which is six tacos and a pound of Oles(half rounds). This is a Midwest born business with a Tex/Mex flair. Service has always been good, and the food is always consistent.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Good tacos and great selection. The service is fast and food ingredients are fresh. This location ca be a bit difficult to access from the Southbound lanes.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Rpod-lady

Been to Taco John's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK