“Perfect service ”
Review of Ankeny Cafe

Ankeny Cafe
Ranked #32 of 159 Restaurants in Ankeny
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here several times in the last few months as I have visited family in the area. This place just makes me smile. The service is so friendly and spot on, and you can tell there are always many regulars hanging around. (My brother included!) The food is simple yet done well. Always look forward to visiting Ankeny so I can get a great breakfast!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I was going home from work and decided to just stop on a whim. I'm glad I did. It was a great American breakfast style. The dining area was dated but that was okay. The food was great. There are a ton of regulars who are there. It was nice to see and hear the talk back and forth between the waitress and patrons. Will definitely have to stop by again for some good breakfast.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

A colleague invited me here for a breakfast business meeting. This place just has really good breakfast food, American style. If you enjoy a good breakfast, this place is for you. The atmosphere is a little dated, but it works with the traditional cafe menu and service.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Rpod-lady
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

My family and I came here for the first time a couple of years ago and haven't stopped coming back since. We usually go for breakfast, but anything on the menu is good.

The real reason to come here, however, is the people. The atmosphere is great and you feel like you're part of the neighborhood from the moment you walk in the door. My sons have made friends from every generation here and the stories and life lessons they've heard hear will be with them for their entire lives.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

This is a favorite breakfast spot. Only place I have been and my breakfast is served too hot to eat. They also make great poached eggs...not the kind dropped in water.

Date of visit: December 2016