“Good for breakfast and pies, TERRIBLE for salads and grilled sandwich”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #62 of 159 Restaurants in Ankeny
Cuisines: American
Description: Enjoy Breakfast All Day! With My INN-credible V.I.B. at Village Inn you're in charge. Choose any four different items from over 30 delicious options to create your own delicious meal. With fresh, hand-cracked eggs and made-from-scratch buttermilk pancakes, you'll love our Real. Good. Breakfast™!
Reviewed 30 June 2018

The breakfast selection is good and the strawberry crepes are DELICIOUS as was the strawberry cream cheese pie. However the two individuals at our table that ordered salads found a lot of BROWN lettuce and large chunks of the "stem" of the iceberg lettuce heads (parts that should have been thrown out and not served to customers!) and the "Paris Griller" was a complete disaster! It is described as grilled sourdough bread with ham and with melted Swiss cheese on the inside and melted parmesan cheese on top -- instead what was served was COLD STALE bread with what looked like cheap deli ham and cold Swiss cheese (not melted and no evidence of being grilled), it was topped with melted parmesan cheese, we have no idea how they melted it since the sandwich itself showed no evidence of grilling and the filling was COLD.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We were traveling south to Branson Mo. and decided to stop for the night. We took the exit looking for a hotel. When we saw the Village Inn, we knew where to go for breakfast.

I ordered the special, a veggie omelet with hollandaise sauce, extra crispy hashbrowns and pancakes. Everything tasted great!!

We'll stop next time we come through this area.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018

This Village Inn is clean, staff is efficient, and the food is very good. I stopped on my way out of town for a chance to get my thoughts together and plan my day. There were several people there that were clearly regulars -- a retired guys coffee club of sorts! My waitress was attentive with drinks and my order. I had the eggs benedict -- which was yummy! The food was hot and plentiful. Price was what I expected.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Stopped in for a breakfast meeting with a co-worker. Since I got there early, I ordered breakfast, since I knew my co-worker wasn't going to be eating. Between the breakfast, and my large orange juice, it cost me $18 for breakfast. WOW, and I know I only ordered 1 small side! However, they did not charge me for the coffee my co-worker was drinking. Was not even on the receipt, but I can understand why now! Would this be considered fine-dining for breakfast? Sure glad I turned that receipt into work, I would have been even madder if I had paid for that out of my pocket!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 27 March 2018

It's hard to beat a Village Inn or a Perkins for a tremendous breakfast menu. 'The Village' is and has been our first stop every year before our annual golf outing....Steak and Eggs, Biscuits and Gravy, or any of the Skillets...always hot with a happy hostess. A great 'main stay' for Ankeny...

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK