“Just good homestyle food!”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #61 of 159 Restaurants in Ankeny
Cuisines: American
Description: Enjoy Breakfast All Day! With My INN-credible V.I.B. at Village Inn you're in charge. Choose any four different items from over 30 delicious options to create your own delicious meal. With fresh, hand-cracked eggs and made-from-scratch buttermilk pancakes, you'll love our Real. Good. Breakfast™!
Reviewed 29 April 2018

This Village Inn is clean, staff is efficient, and the food is very good. I stopped on my way out of town for a chance to get my thoughts together and plan my day. There were several people there that were clearly regulars -- a retired guys coffee club of sorts! My waitress was attentive with drinks and my order. I had the eggs benedict -- which was yummy! The food was hot and plentiful. Price was what I expected.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Stopped in for a breakfast meeting with a co-worker. Since I got there early, I ordered breakfast, since I knew my co-worker wasn't going to be eating. Between the breakfast, and my large orange juice, it cost me $18 for breakfast. WOW, and I know I only ordered 1 small side! However, they did not charge me for the coffee my co-worker was drinking. Was not even on the receipt, but I can understand why now! Would this be considered fine-dining for breakfast? Sure glad I turned that receipt into work, I would have been even madder if I had paid for that out of my pocket!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 27 March 2018

It's hard to beat a Village Inn or a Perkins for a tremendous breakfast menu. 'The Village' is and has been our first stop every year before our annual golf outing....Steak and Eggs, Biscuits and Gravy, or any of the Skillets...always hot with a happy hostess. A great 'main stay' for Ankeny...

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

I hadn't been here in a while, but stopped in one morning before work, after hearing about the ALL-INN. And it was worth it! I love the cheesy bacon potato smashers! They were fresh and hot. And the rest was very good as well. The French toast was very good! Clean. Friendly staff. Family friendly. Plenty of parking. Good prices. Marcydiner tantrum scale of 5/5-no screaming kids. Loved it!!!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank init4keeps
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We were on vacation heading north from Kansas City. It was lunch time so we decided to stop here for a bite. We had stopped here before and though it was a good place. We both ordered lunch, of course that was after the waitress figured out that the half a sandwich my wife ordered would not be enough for two. Her service left every thing to be desired. She managed to figure out AFTER she sat the sandwich in front of my wife that it was not what my wife ordered, nor was it what was on the ticket. She asked me if I wanted another drink, and I an still waiting for that.

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK