“ITALY FOR LUNCH FIRST VISIT”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #20 of 155 Restaurants in Ankeny
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I had heard nice comments about this restaurant and wanted to see for myself. The decorations were amazing fireplace and secluded areas with ample table seating. This was a Monday lunch thought they would not be very busy but yes they were and handled all of the patrons efficiently singles as well as groups. The table had a kiosk that you could watch video of food production (FREE) or play games for unlimited $1.99 fee. I usually order appetizers entree trying new things and of course to go box to take home what I don't finish. (these are microwave and dishwasher safe) I was given as others were a large bowl with salad and special dressing which I found good (chose not to eat the hot peppers) Bread sticks were to my liking and I was asked if I would like more . I tried the lasagna (fried with sauce on the side) I enjoyed it; along with the crab stuffed mushrooms. A variety of drinks available alcoholic and non. The waiter explained how the kiosk worked for paying your bill right at the table which I did and received a detailed ticket. The gratuity was listed and you had the choice to select it. Cash was also accepted for payment and there was a call button on the kiosk if you needed your server. The manager even made a visit to my table (others too) where I told him I appreciated my server helping me with the kiosk as unfamiliar with the use. The restroom was very nice. Found it very handicap accessible

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Didn't care for Pasta that much but now just love the soup, salad and bread sticks...
Seems like a much larger menu and everything is tremendous with large portions...

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We went here for a quick dinner on a Friday night! The service was awesome the food was awesome and a good dinner for a couple!!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Family friendly. Friendly staff. Clean. Good food. The breadsticks aren't as good as the ones at Fazoli's though. But the rest of the food is very good. I had the chicken gnocchi and zuppa toscana soups and the chicken piccata. See pics. They were good. It was on the early dine menu and the chicken piccata, while very tasty, was also not a very large amount. Prices are typical Olive Garden. Nice dining area. No one offered me any wine samples today. Although I usually don't try them, I would have liked one today. Marcydiner tantrum scale of 5/5-no screaming kids. Nice sized parking lot for that one parking lot reviewer!! Better idea is to ACTUALLY EAT at the places one reviews, hence the fact I usually post pictures our eating ventures.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

This is a typical Olive Garden. Nothing exceptionally better or worse than any other. I love being on their email list. They send me notices of specials and features as well as coupons.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK