“ONE waiter: GREAT work!”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #22 of 155 Restaurants in Ankeny
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We went to the Ankeny Olive Garden for lunch on Nov. 26, 2016. Had soup and salad. But the *BIG* "kicker" to this review is/was... our excellent waiter, "Zach". He was calm, not "leaping over the table" (so to speak) in trying to get us to try something new, move; in short, he did.his.job -- and did it efficiently, pleasantly, and professionally. Whew! You GO, "Zach"! (I fully expect "Zach" to be a company *district* manager, one of these days -- a great loss for diners who value such great service, but a great gift for the OG as a company.)

*Thank you* for doing such a great job! (We *still* talk about how refreshing it was to have you as our waiter! Hope your boss sees this!)

Reviewed 31 May 2017

I have not been to an Olive Garden in over 10 years. I regret my decision to try them again. I do not see the appeal at all. The exterior is the best feature. The stones, trellis, and landscape are pretty. The host station is also well done. Once you get past these nice features, the seating area looks and feels different. The flooring is plain. The wainscoting looks like veneer wood. The booths are not attractive. The whole feel of the dining room is construction grade case goods that are mass produced for every Olive Garden around the country.

The food is bad especially against the pricing. A Piccata chicken breast with two slices of zucchini is $15.49. There were just a few capers and they had no flavor. It's was not very good at all. The Lasagna Classico was average and cost $13.99. The herb grilled salmon was $17.49. The broccoli had no flavoring.

Two of Olive Garden's claim to fame are the endless salad and bread sticks. The salad is iceberg. It has no flavor and is exactly what I would make if I did it myself. You get a ton of it, but it's not good. The bread sticks are doughy with almost no buttery flavoring or other spices. I found the whole meal to be unpleasant. When I think about what I paid there is no reason to come here. While Ankeny does not have a Carrabbas or Macaroni Grill, these two national chains run circles around Olive Garden.

I will say that I really miss Iowa service. Employees in general are some of the nicest people in the country. They are genuine, polite and real. I can't say it's just Olive Garden employees, because I see the difference everywhere I go in Iowa.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Delicious...fabulous presentation ...fabulous food and wonderful service....very much enjoyed our lunch.

1  Thank Connie J
Reviewed 21 March 2017

We eat here often and it is always good. We are always offered a wine sample. Usually cannot finish our meals. Appetizers are awesome - entrees are awesome!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

We never leave here without saying over and over again - another great meal! The service is above average; the ambiance is so nice; needless to say, the food is great. One of our top five choices for a sit-down supper in Ankeny!

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK