All reviewscookieswafflesbiscuits and gravyroom was cleanstaff was very friendlyother hotelsfresh fruitconvenient locationa great staythe breakfast areamotelcarbohydratespillowsadventurelandinterstate
Reviewed 5 October 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Quality Inn in Ankeny on a return trip from Colorado. The Quality Inn in Ankeny was hard to find, adjacent to a rental storage building on a side street. The motel was quiet, the staff very pleasant and accommodating, the breakfast far above average, the room clean and the beds very comfortable. We will stay there again. I don't know if the person who came out to speak to us at breakfast the following morning was the owner or the manager but she wanted to know how our stay was and how breakfast was. There was even a hand written note from house cleaning at our bedside, thanking us for staying there. Just very nice little touches that add up to an exceptional experience. Oh, back to the breakfast ... We had stayed at a motel earlier in our trip that cost $130 with tax, in Luverne, MN. The Quality Inn was $80 with tax and far superior, especially the breakfast. Several choices for juices, milk, tea, coffee, etc., eggs and sausage in addition to the usual carbohydrates (waffles, bread, muffins).

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Samantha R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We enjoy hearing from our guests. I am thrilled you decided to stay with us while on vacation. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area!
Samantha Reinier

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Nice property in a safe convenient location. Parking a bit tight but if you have an RV or big truck there is a lot next door for larger vehicles, not sure if it belongs to this property. Nice location to go for a walk. Hotel offers a pool and fitness center but I did not use either. Comfortable room, well equipped and presented. Bed, linen, carpets all clean and in good repair. Nice selection of TV channels, I did not use wifi. Overall everything worked as it should. The only negative was the bathroom floor which wasn't cleaned as well as I like but the rest of the bath was ok. Friendly staff with cookies and fresh popcorn for you upon check in. I did not get the breakfast.
They accept CLC. Overall I think you will enjoy your stay at this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2017

On August 2, 2017 we registered for a room in this hotel for two nights. First complaint we weren't listed for the room by the front desk, later as I was almost a sleep in chair some one bust into the room. It was hotel checked wasn't alerted the room was booked. Later we went to our car to bring in more luggage only to find the rear entrance door was not secure, any one could walk in at any time day or night.

We left was remaining in the hotel for one night letting it was because of the unsecured outside door. We will not stay this hotel ever again. From what the manager committed it appears the owners do not seem concerned.

Donna Z

Room Tip: No back door Security
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donna J Z
Samantha R, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I apologize for the confusion at check in. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area so we can exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

The staff was very friendly! My room was nice and cool and the bed very comfortable. My shower had hot water almost instantly. The breakfast was very large, having something for every taste. I loved the scrambled eggs with a little biscuit and gravy.

Stayed: July 2017
Samantha R, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We enjoy getting feedback from our guests. I am thrilled you enjoyed our hot breakfast and the staff was welcoming. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We particularly enjoyed the breakfast! The waffles were unexpectedly wonderful and there was protein, both scrambled eggs and boiled, as well as sausage. There was a lot more than that, I'm just highlighting what surprised me as beyond what I expected. Also, the pool was salt water rather than the heavy chlorine, and that was surprising. We had a couple of wonderful family swims. The staff was very accommodating and we're glad we chose the Quality Inn in Ankeny.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Samantha R, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We enjoy getting feedback from our guests. I am delighted you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and the indoor heated pool! I hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Samantha Reinier