“Great Hotel - Second Stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ankeny
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Hotel - Second Stay”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I was traveling on business, and stayed at this hotel the week before Thanksgiving, and had an excellent stay, except that my room was on the second floor, adjacent to stairs, and I heard people coming up and down the stairs all night long (The Night Iowa State beat Oklahoma State). On my return trip to Ankeny this week, I asked Abie (with one b), the young girl behind the desk, for a room on the third floor, where there are no stairs. Abie was a delight, her manager needs to give her a raise.

This hotel is in a good location, with easy access to the I-35, and close to restaurants. Warning: stay away from room 208 during strong winds; the flags are directly outside and make plenty of noise when the winds get above 30mph.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
WI
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I have stayed in many hotels... how pleasant to check in with a young girl who was not only friendly but VERY helpful. The rooms were great, the breakfast was great, and the price was very fair.....
Really, some of these complaints on here are NOT the hotels fault... really people... think about it...
Thanks Country Inn and Suites in Ankeny for a very pleasant stay!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We were very happy in this hotel - we were set up in it via Priceline so we got a great deal on the room. Our itinerary included Advetureland, Living History Farms, the railroad in Boone, and the Iowa State Fair, and this location was convenient to all. It is situated on a small lake which makes for pretty views out the windows. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. We didn't get a chance to use the pool or spa (which both looked very nice) but did use the fitness center, which had better quality equipment than most of the other hotels we stayed in this road trip.

The breakfast was very good as well, with different hot options the two days we were there, plus standard waffles, cereal, pasteries, etc.

All and all we were very happy with this 2-night stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 12 February 2011

We booked two rooms here for three kids and three adults. Are intentions were to have some fun for the kids to swim in the pool and to get our minds off of our recent loss of our Grandma/ Great Grandma. The pool and spa are great, very clean and the perfect temperatures. The problem was that a girls basketball team checked in around 9:30pm and did not know how to politely shut doors. I called down to the desk once and they said they would take care of it, that never happened. When we called back a second time, no one answered after several rings. After finally falling asleep with the help of a sleep aid, all was OK. When I woke up to more door slamming at 7:30am I was pissed. I went downstairs to get breakfast with my neice and the whole breakfast area was swarming with a teenage girls basketball team, the same one with a lack of manners. I had to wait two hours till we could eat.

The hotel wasn't terrible except the hotel staff needs to take care of the other guests not just obnoxious sports teams. I would never stay
here again.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank Getawaywhenwecan
RBowen01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ankeny, responded to this review, 17 February 2011
I would love to discuss your concerns with your stay. Please call me a 515 965 2646 and I would be happy to discuss your concerns. Thank you for staying at the Country Inn Ankeny.
Minnesota
Reviewed 1 October 2010

The Country Inn in Ankeny is right off I-35. It's nicely designed, with a pleasant view of a pond. Our room is comfortable and spacious, with good beds, a fridge, and coffee maker. The pool area (very important to a certain 7-year-old contituency) is bright, warm, and airy, and the pool is clean. The free breakfast includes bacon, eggs, potatoes, and waffles, even midweek in the off-season. As a woman traveling alone with little kids, I felt safe. I don't much like motels, but this one is well-done.

• Stayed October 2010