“Truly Flavory”
Review of Flavory Bistro

Flavory Bistro
Ranked #17 of 159 Restaurants in Ankeny
Description: Our chef will cook to your desire a healthy delicious dish, it's homemade cooking at its best. We now have a great selection of wines and beer. We are your healthy choice with Vegan and Gluten Free choices. Flavory Bistro Home of the Paella
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We love Mediterranean inspired food and feel very lucky to live near by this great restaurant. I love falafel and theirs is about the best I have ever eaten. I lived in NY city for 30 years so I am no dilettante when it comes to falafel. The pita is freshly made and delicious. My husband had the lamb hero and the lamb was very well spiced. We were super impressed with the Greek salad. This is not the Greek salad one gets at other restaurants. I don't like dressing but the owner convinced me to give the dressing a try and it was truly delectable. We were treated to a bowl of their chicken soup and I was happy to discover the soup had yucca. The service is a bit slow and sometimes the waitstaff were more interested in talking amongst themselves. We could over hear their conversation and it had nothing to do with the service or the restaurant. But the staff is friendly and frankly not being in a rush and chillin is just fine.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

My daughter and I gave this place a try last week, it was fantastic. I had the Mediterrainean Steak and she had Chicken Cordon Blue ... both were exceptional. Its a neat spot, with healthy choices. I can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We were there about 6 on a Wednesday night. It was delicious! Both had the beef/lamb Gyro. They were well prepared and perfectly seasoned. I missed the tomatoes and onions that normally come with it but next time I will request them. The homemade hummus was outstanding. Best I've ever had. Everything is made in house and the freshness comes through immediately. Everything is made to order so you can get what you want. Vegan and gluten free is easy for them. Love this place.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Wanted something a little different, so we tried Flavory Bistro. Sitting at the bar gives you the ability to watch them cook the food. It was fun to see it up close, and they gave us samples of other foods too. The food is fresh and so good. My husband had the lamb and I had salmon. They were both seasoned well, and tasted great. We both had the risotto and falafel salad. YUM!!!! Lisa makes each dish when ordered. Prices are reasonable also. We will go back.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Traveling to Iowa for work and was in search of a great Mediterranean place for dinner. Flavory Bistro came up and I decided to give it a try. This place was AWESOME! Despite what previous reviews say, my service was extremely quick! The hummus was some of the best I’ve had in my entire life! The owners talked to me during dinner and were so sweet and kind! If I am ever back in the area I will definitely be back! Can’t express how delicious and fresh the food was!

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Flavory Bistro? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK