“Price, Price, Price is great”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Ames
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Ames
Taipei, Taiwan
“Price, Price, Price is great”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The rooms a large. A separate bedroom, living area with fold out couch and a nice kitchenette. They have a nice self serve breakfast and there is an indoor swimming pool. Restaurants are across the parking lot. Easy access to the University and the downtown area.

We compared prices and the GrandStay gave us the most for our money.

Room Tip: Get a room above and away from the swimming pool.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
GrandStayAmes, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Ames, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are happy to hear our hotel exceeded your expectations. We take pride in our hotel and the ammenities we offer to our guests. Our hotel is in a great location to many restaurants and one of the closest hotels to Iowa State University. We look forward to your stay with us again in the near futue.
Thank you again!
Michele Clements
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 November 2011

The rooms are great, the hotel is great, but the staff really takes the cake at this hotel. Actually, they deserve a cake for how much they care about the guests, and making sure the hotel is perfect for everyone. Hats off to the best hotel in Ames!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
GrandStayAmes, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Ames, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
I just want to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate your kind words and happy to hear our staff made your stay enjoyable.
We look forward to your stay with us again in the near future.

Michele Clements
La Mesa, California
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I prepaid, booked my regular room months in advance only to be told when I checked in that the only room available was a handicap room. Unless you are handicapped this is not the ideal configuration. I was told if I did not like it I could go elsewhere. I stayed due the fact I had prepaid the room. The next day I spoke to a gal at the front desk who said yes there were other rooms available but if I wanted to change I had to move out by 10AM and could not move back into a room until 3PM. REMEMBER I HAD PREPAID my stay. I was supposed to pack up all my things put them back in my rental car and come back at 3PM. UNACCEPTABLE! First the man lied about other rooms not being available, then I was supposed to fully move out of my current room and be in "limbo" until check in time at 3PM. I will never be back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
GrandStayAmes, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Ames, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
I'm concerned about the lack of service and mix up of rooms you experienced at our hotel a year ago. The degree of service you experienced is unacceptable, and please be assured that many things have changed in the hotel the last year including staff and management . It's unfortunate you had a bad experience. Please accept my sincere apology.

We would like to demonstrate the true quality of our service by extending to you a one-night complimentary stay, subject to availability. At your convenience, please contact me directly to arrange your reservation; and simply present this letter to the front desk staff upon check-in.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. That's our goal.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Montpelier, Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Excellent, if your in Ames, stay in this hotel! Staff makes you feel like your at home! Will stay here again as soon as I can!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Tommayhew
GrandStayAmes, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Ames, responded to this review, 5 April 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I am very glad that your stay was a positive one. It's guests like you that make our jobs worthwhile. I hope you will be back soon to the Grandstay Ames. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed 24 March 2011

This property is in a Great location. Walking distance to everything - Kmart, movies, and restaurants ( Red lobster, Applebees, Old Chicago,and Japanese steakhouse.)
The staff is like family.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We strive to make every guest feel welcomed and at home and I am very happy we were able to do so. We hope you will be able to make a trip back to Ames very soon. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day!