Motel 6 Des Moines East
Comfort Inn(Altoona)
  • Breakfast included
Broadway Motel(Des Moines)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Smell in room was extremely musty, & room felt very wet. Pressure of shower SUCKED, only a mist came out, couldnt even get shampoo out of hair (not relaxing AT ALL) No fridge or alarm clock in room.. (for spending $200 for only 2 nights I would at least expect an alarm clock-COME ON!) Halls were HOT & dirty, carpet in room was dirty. TV was TINY and volume on remote didnt work, along with half of the 15 channels available.

Dont waste your money, go down the street to Heartland Inn, pay $3 more a night & get a MUCH better hotel for your money.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2009

This hotel was okay. We've stayed at better, and at better prices. It's all you'd expect at Motel 6 and not much more.

The only down side was the bed spread...it really needed some cleaning. The underside of it was stained and dirty. Otherwise, it was okay.

It is very close Adventureland!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2008

I stayed at this Motel 6 in East Des Moines / Altoona Iowa. I thought it was excellent. The service was great, the front desk clerks (evening~ check in and day~check out)were very polite and nice. I say there is nothing wrong with this location. I was there the beginning of June 2008 and I plan on going to this Motel 6 early next month as well depending on weather.
There was politeness, friendliness and the front desk clerk in the morning even asked me how my stay was. I had lost my sense of direction. So, I went back there to get directions to get back home. The first thing this person asked me was " Did you forget somethng?" Yeah I did, my way home. The clerk was very nice and gave me directions without talking to me like I was a complete idiot.
I would tell a friend they need to check out this motel. The only thing I realy have to say bad about this place and it's not really bad either. It was about 9 p.m. That's about the time the pool closes for the night. Well, there were still people in there, but it didn't bother me none because my room wasn't any where near the pool. SO, IF YOU EVER WANT A PLACE TO GO THAT IS ACTUALLY REASONABLY PRICED, STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 June 2008

Good: Nice location, air conditioner worked quite well

Bad: Hotel amenities: 1 bar of soap, 1 hand towel (sand paper) the smell: the worst ever. musty. Opening the window (the crank was broke) didn't even help.

Ugly: Good luck going to the bathroom is you weigh more than 100 lbs. If you walk around the room in your socks, throw them away afterwards. There was "stuff" floating on the surface of the pool.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank chroy