All reviews comfort inn nice stay continental breakfast des moines sausage gravy night's sleep race track and casino bed was comfortable snow storm would stay here again needed a place to stay early check hard boiled eggs indoor pool casino hotel yogurt cookies
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised with our stay at the Super 8. The facility was updated and clean. The staff was very accommodating on short notice to ensure we had a great room during state fair week!

The only draw back was no hot tub but the kid enjoyed the pool so that made up for it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Emily,
Thank you for taking time to do our short review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. We understand lots of guest were sad to hear the hot tub is no longer here, but they love the new look at the hotel. We would love to have you come back if or when you are back in the area.
Brenda Winchell

Reviewed 24 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Husband asked about pet at check in. We're put in a nice non carpeted room. Nothing said about a fee at that time. Next day, front desk called our room, asked if we had a dog, then charged 25. I get the security deposit, some dogs may chew, personally, I wouldn't be traveling with destructive dog, some may. There was no carpet to worry about soiling. Mine has never pottied in the house, even as a puppy & never chewed anything. Yes, there be pet dander, but, bedding & towels should be fresh for next customer . Other than the drapes may need vacuumed off, dust mop the floor, (all that should be done each time anyway). Why is there such a steep fee? Apparently were put in a "pet friendly" room, not being carpeted. So, that tells me, he was heard asking about ,"pet friendly" upon check in. But, why didn't they charge for her at check in to begin with? I have a very well mannered, clean, quiet, 6 lb.12 year old Chihuahua. I'd understand that fee more if they had an area specifically for them, (& are trying to re-coop the cost of such), like a fence for example or a treadmill dog run, something, anything. There is an empty field, adjacent & behind the bldg. full of dried, deep mud ruts, broken glass, nails & knee high dried weeds, that felt like bamboo was going through your shoe. For the price of the pet fee, at least, clean out an area for them to relieve themselves & run. Cooped up in a car for hours, they need to run, deplete their built up energy. If your going to charge that much for a pet, show a reason to justify the high price. Then, no one ever came to check the room upon leaving. The 100.00 per room, per night (with tax) isn't what I call inexpensive, by any means 240.00 for 2 nights. Have stayed in nicer hotels, with breakfast & no pet fee, plus a nice area fixed up just for them. They have a reason to charge, but don't.
Otherwise,
Room was nice, breakfast looked good, staff was friendly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 September 2017

I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. I understand that frustration, and that this seems to be a large pet fee however we hope you understand that there was a large amount of remodeling that went into this building. Yes, your dog may be potty trained, and not chew on things, however we can not charge one person the fee, and then not the next guest. We do have a pretty good size pet area on the side of the building with the grass. It is not fenced in, but dogs should be on leashes anyways in case another guest is in that area with their pet. Again I am very sorry for the frustration.
Brenda Winchell

Reviewed 24 June 2017

My wife was Ill when I made the reservation. I had to cancel the first reservation. Had a a very hard time with GET-A-ROOM. They finely conceted and said I had a refund coming. The second reservation was not used as my Wife was still very Ill. I tried to cancel, but GET-A-ROOM DENIED IT. They said according to the Terms and Condition, I just bought 2 days in a room I never used. Your folks were very nice. But GET-A-ROOM were very nasty. Will never use Your services and especially GET-A-ROOM. The most rudest people I have ever had to deal with in my 74 Years on this Earth.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2017

They are building a new Comfort Inn right next to the old one - Replacement or to augment the size?

We were pleasantly accommodated at check in and the room was comfortable. Many guests are here because of the amusement park and racing track nearby.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple