All reviewscomfort innnice staycontinental breakfastdes moinessausage gravynight's sleeprace track and casinobed was comfortablesnow stormwould stay here againhard boiled eggsneeded a place to stayearly checkindoor poolcasino hotelyogurtcookies
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The rooms have been updated in the past couple of years. The free breakfast is good and includes many hot choices. The room is small where you eat so that can be a challenge. The lobby is nice and big. There is a free shuttle to the casino/racetrack across the street. There are several good restaurants very close by. Downtown Des Moines is 15 min away.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We were on our way home and found this an excellent location to lay our head and travel on the next day. the rooms are comfortable and beds very good. The bathroom is a bit small but clean. The service was excellent. the front staff was very friendly. Cookies were set out for customers. the breakfast was good with a good variety of items. The Prairie Meadowlands casino is right across the road. The hotel offers shuttle service to the casino. Construction is going on around and next to the hotel but it was quite. Their are several restaurants close by.

Room Tip: All rooms seam OK
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I have stayed here numerous times over the last 4 years. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the breakfast is satisfactory. It's nothing fancy, but that's not why I stay there. I want a clean, comfortable place to get a good night's sleep before my Board meetings. The staff has always been friendly to me and recognizes me when I walk through the front door. It's close to all the attractions in Des Moines because Interstate 80 is just a mile away.

Room Tip: use the internet to get the best rates.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

This was a fabulous place to stay! From the moment we checked in until we checked out everything was great. The lady at the front desk, Susie, went above and beyond to ensure we had a great stay. She was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and inviting. Modern decor, comfy bed and had all the amenities we needed. I highly recommend Susie and this hotel and would definitely stay again if back in the area!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, which was one night too many. Rooms appear to be decorated nicely, but that's where the positives end. Rooms are small and the bathroom was TINY!! And you can just tell that everything was done cheaply. Thin walls, very small pool, smelled bad.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family