US$ 104
Hotels.com
Rodeway Inn(North Aurora)
US$ 56
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsfox valley mallquiet areawhirlpool tubconvenient locationwould stay againratescarpet
Reviewed 9 June 2017

We stayed Sat June 3rd to Sun June 4th 2017 and spent $101CAN on a double queen room.
Wasn't worth the money. For a hotel chain to use the word "Quality" in their name you would think they'd know what that word means. Nothing at this Quality Inn has been updated or modernized since 1988. The hotel's parking lot and exterior is shoddy and run down. Cracks in the pavement, uneven brick work on the building, dozens of yucky black gum spots covering the walkways and dead plants in the planters.
Inside the small lobby is an out of date checkin counter, a few arm chairs, and a small breakfast nook for the complimentary breakfast. The hotel smells like stale cigarettes.
We got our electronic keys for room 218. Keys didn't work. Go back downstairs to have them reset. Go back to the room. Still can't open the door. Go back downstairs to have them reset. Go back to room 218 with hotel desk clerk. Door opens to a loud industrial fan lying faced up on a luggage rack blowing upwards. The ceiling directly above was brown and sagging, and the room smelled moldy and damp. The clerk dismisses it explaining they had a leak in the roof but everything is alright now and goes to leave. I called her back saying This is unacceptable, we want another room. Back downstairs to the front desk, if you are keeping track, this is visit number 4. Desk clerks give us another key saying we will like this room because it's at the end of the hall near the side entrance. We realize in the elevator that she didn't write the room number on the paper holding the key cards. So we tried the key card in every door till we found our room, 222.
Tiny room for 2 queen beds. We inspected it from top to bottom. No bugs. Sheets were clean. Old worn furniture, draperies, fixtures and carpet. Cracks in wall corners. Bathroom sink area is old and dated. The toilet and shower are together in a separate space, cracks in the walls with mold and dust caked. Fire sprinkler was busted in the bathroom, they wrapped it in a plastic baggy to stop the leak. Shower was gross, I wouldn't shower because the bottom of the tub was dirty.
Sleeping over night was fine.
The complimentary breakfast was very basic. Fats and carbs served, little fresh and healthy options offered. The only healthy options were Cheerios, skim milk, one banana and 3 soft yucky apples amongst the high calorie high sugar offerings. Coffee was decent tasting but I had grounds in the bottom of my cup.
I would never stay here again. For the same money there are seemingly nicer looking hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Radio_Princess
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Reasonably well priced 2 night stay. Internet is tops in this property, I haven't seen anything so efficient for a while. Room was nice and clean but smelt a bit damp. Arrived from a 5hour drive late at night and was very happy to be checked in within minutes. But for a railway stop very near that can last upto 10 minutes the location is perfect with gas stations right opposite.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2017

My Husband and I always stay here when we come to Aurora. Clean, good breakfast, front desk customers service has always been a good experience and the location works well for us as we shop at the Fox Valley Mall and the Chicago Premium Outlet Mall. I highly suggest Quality Inn in Aurora, Il - See Ya Soon

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Very good stay! Helpful and friendly staff. Very clean and reasonably priced rates. I stayed here with my grandmother and we both loved the place. They have a workout room and great continental breakfast. 10/10 would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2017

The past reviews on the motel were deceiving. When we pulled up to the hotel, my teenage daughter noticed the front window was cracked. As we walked into the hotel, I noticed the decor was quite dated, but that didn't bother me. We walked upstairs to our room on the second floor and were surprised by the smell of cigarette and other smoke in the hall. Since my daughter has asthma, we avoided using this hall again, especially since we were at the far end of the hotel.

Upon arriving at our room, I found that our key did not work, so we returned to the desk. The friendly clerk fixed the keys, without looking at the records. My daughter and I worried that we might find someone else sleeping in our bed.

All was fine when we finally were able to get into the room. The decor again was dated and the room just seemed dirty. The security lock seemed to have been broken a few times, but it seemed okay.

At breakfast, we found many of the food items were out even though it was before 8:00. The clerk from the desk was pulling double duty covering both the desk and the breakfast area.

When we returned for our second night's stay, we found our keys had demagnetized again, and we had to return to the front desk for them to be fixed. Again we were worried we were going to find someone else in our room.

Upon entering the room, I was shocked to hear my daughter say that one of the hand towels had noticeable makeup residue, and it had been returned to the towel rack. It was folded as if it was newly laundered. The bug that had appeared during the first night remained after the maid's cleaning.

With all the negatives we found, I would like to commend the desk staff at the hotel. I wonder if the management has changed since some of the previous reviews. I would caution most from staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: To avoid the smoke in the halls, stay on the first floor of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family