“Room excellent for Super 8!”

Super 8 Aurora/Naperville Area
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The room itself at this hotel was the best surprise. It looks and feels almost like a more expensive hotel room. The carpet is nice, soft and seems very new. The decor is updated and the TV is a newer style nice fairly large TV. Couple of things "give away" that it's not a more expensive hotel. One was the microwave bolted to the fridge below it and the marks in the dresser from where the old TV used to be bolted down but other than that the room would be comparable to a Fairfield or Country Inn which are my usual top picks if the location and price cooperate.

Water pressure in the bathroom was great and tub and shower were spotless. The only issue I had with the bathroom is that the maids took the shampoo and conditioner that we had partially used the first day and didn't leave any new. I didn't realize this till the next morning while getting ready to shower, that was annoying.

The biggest downfall here is the breakfast and breakfast area. It is TINY, 3 tables and no room to get around the tables to the food when people are sitting at the tables. Both mornings we were there it was packed. Food is limited, no muffins or danish and no hot things just waffles to make yourself. They had cold cereal, apples, yogurt, cinnamon rolls (think Pillsbury type) and white and wheat bread. So if the breakfast is important to you take that into consideration.

Pool was VERY small and has glass windows to the breakfast area. My daughter chose not to use it for these reasons.

Location we found great. It is back off the main road in a "neighborhood" type setting. Felt very secure. There were lots of places to eat, shop etc... however within a few blocks.

We probably will stay here again when in the area if the rate is good but my not count on using it for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tlpgina
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed at the Super 8 Naperville-Aurora, IL for 3 nights. It's an older motel fairly well located. The rooms were ok, could be larger. We had requested a handicapped accessible room, but was informed they don't have them in the rooms with 2 queen beds. The bathtub had a fairly slippery bottom & there wasn't much room in there. (We needed the handicap accessible room for the accessible bathroom. Grab bars in the tub, etc.)
The beds were pretty comfortable, had plenty of pillows & we didn't have to keep 'chasing' the blankets all night as we frequently do at a lot of motels. They stayed on the bed & kept us covered well.
The indoor pool was small & freezing, but clean.
The breakfast was ok, typical with waffles you can make fresh, boiled eggs, danish, toast, bagels (that were dry), cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee & milk. The eating area was very small, we took ours to our room to eat.
The housekeeping staff that took care of our room didn't do a good job of meeting our requests, even though we tipped them daily.
Over all not a bad place, but we won't be back.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My previous super 8 experience is due because the local super 8 is a pit hole so I am very leary of any super 8 and with that said I move onto this super 8.
I am a wyndham rewards member and my daughter was having a baby which took longer then anyone thought it was going to so using my free nights stay is what lead me to this hotel at the last minute. I did not have my rewards member number with me when I called wyndham to book and the CS rep without hesitation said she couldn't help me and the rewards department was closed....how stupid really...luckily my daughter had a laptop at the hospital so I went online and booked which I should have thought of first but really thought a person would have been quicker...silly me for that thought... anyway, the hotel was just 5 minutes fromthe hospital, check in at 11:50 at night was a piece of cake. I was surprised that the hotel lobby was very nice adn the smell of a pool in the air, (I didn't know any super 8's had a pool) I also seen they had a continental breakfast area which again very surprised and will explain that in a minute.
I had to get a smoking room since hubby smokes and was pleased to not only walk into a very nice room but it didn;t smell like old smoke...again very high props on this...I was dissappointed to open the window and see there was no screen, not only was this dangerous but now I couldn't leave the window open to air out his smoke...I surffered through that since I didn't want any misquitos or bugs to fly in.... I did notice at check out that there were many windows without screens so that I think she be looked into right away but is not going tomake me write a bad review but let thme know it should be a concern to them.
On to breakfast int he morning, again surprised to find out they had a waffle making machine along with muffins, donuts, yogurt, fruit and cereal....I for sure thought it was going to be stale donuts or something so let me give them high props on this...The area was small and if crowded would not have been a nice overall feeling but since I was the only one down there at that time....I can not say anything bad about it since I was free to move about....
My overall experience at this super 8 was really good. I'm still very leary of cheaper hotels in any chain and since that is all I can afford I have to take the chance and want to commend the ones that take care of their properties and their guests...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here on a business trip recently--actually book because of the reviews here and it was perfect: quiet room, spacious, access to hot water, microwave, fridge, easy to find. Clean and comfortable and it looks like they've upgraded the linens and mattress recently. Did not try the pool, but my room was located next to the elevator on the 3rd floor and the noise was minimal

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I guess by the title, You can tell I LIKE IT HERE. I've never had any problems in the 3 years i've stayed at this property. Everything is simply taken care of. I won't even consider changing to any other in Aurora area. Already tried some of them. After a 14 hour day of driving and delivery, I don't want or get any drama. The entire staff treats you as family from the first moment you arrive.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
1.5 km away
8.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
14.3 km away
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora

Been to Super 8 Aurora/Naperville Area? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK