“Great place for dinner out for the family, we go here often”
Review of Portillo's

Portillo's
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Portillo's restaurants are the Chicago area's biggest "hot dog stand". I like the Cheeseburgers, Italian Beef (I get mine without peppers), and occasionally the Lasagna or Ravioli. My wife likes the Cheeseburger or the Rib Dinner. For desert you have to try the chocolate cake, it's our favorite thing at Portillo's. The Shakes are good too.
They have a large dinning area with lots of tables. You order your food at the counter and then wait for your number to be called. At busy times you will wait a while. We always see lots of large families there, you can push the tables together if needed. Tables are usually clean and you can see the employees working to keep them clean. You are expected to pick up your own trash, there are lots of trash cans.
As other reviewers noted, Portillo's has a number of locations in the Chicago area. Every one I've been to is good, but the menus and the decor at each location is slightly different.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Hot crispy crinkle fries, flame grilled big and juicy cheeseburger, fresh condiments and perfectly sized soft bun!! Definitely a must try!

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Went here on 11/15/17 with my girlfriend. The drive three was packed so we went inside and got our food quickly. I got the croissant beef and cheddar with fries, drink and their famous choclate cake!
All was off the charts delicious!!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I've been to various Portillo's. Each one has consistently good and authentic Chicago Style Red Hots. I've had "Chicago Style" dogs in various cities and nothing, absolutely nothing, can compare to true Chicago dogs. Good onion rings too. And they have a few familiar beers with which to wash it down. And the atmosphere is fun and energetic. The only place that's better is Mike's in Highland Park, IL. That's #1, but Portillo's is a close #2.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

What used to be a little hot dog trailer is now a national franchise. The shop in Arlington Heights is a big beautiful spectacular place.
I’ve eaten there since the day it opened. Chicago style hot dogs, Italian beef, crinkle fries, etc. Roomy with a huge staff, turnover is excellent. I am a big fan.