“Disappointing Dinner”

Ranked #11 of 83 Restaurants in Antioch
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2018

2 couples out for a nice quiet dinner. Prices were a bit high - especially for the quality of food and it's just Antioch. Our table had fish, prime rib. The fish was just ok - too pricey. The prime rib was enjoyed very much - but still $$. The service was good but not great. The alcohol was good but again a bit $$. They need to either improve the quality - or lower their prices.

1  Thank WITraveler1

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Decided to treat myself and my wife to good food before New Years. We all know of the overpriced yucky food served on New Year’s Eve. Johnny’s delivered the dream from appetizer to desert. I got 4 lamb chops they were fantastic. My wife got the salmon cooked perfectly.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

This restaurant has potential, but the menu is overpriced and management seems to be far too comfortable engaging in various shady practices. For example, 1) I ordered one thing, but was brought something different, putting me in the position of either accepting incorrect meal or having to send it back. 2) They advertised 1/2 off bottles of wine. Picked a bottle for $32 was charged $19. 3) They advertised 25% off apps - we ordered a couple, but they charged us full price. I feel like every time I go there they play games with the check or pull some other nonsense. Not a very wise way to show appreciation to customers who patronize your restaurant. Are you listening Johnny?

2  Thank DanteBu
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I really like the pasta here. The shrimp scampi is good but adding shrimp the the pasta primavera is even better. Unfortunately, the price difference in those two choices makes me want to stick to the scampi which is similar, just minus vegetables. There are enough choices to make everyone happy. The strip steaks are pretty good, Sauces on the side. The alcoholic drinks are expensive, on par with many places though. This is a nice go to restaurant, if not for the prices would go more often.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Johnny's Chop House is always great. Service is good and the food is unbelievably good. Steaks are perfect, the fried cheese appetizer is w/o fearful and the chops are to die for.