“Poor service...poorly prepared food”
Review of Johnny's Chophouse

Johnny's Chophouse
Ranked #11 of 83 Restaurants in Antioch
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Wow...what a disappointment for a Thursday family dinner. 8 of us thought we would have an enjoyable dinner with our grandchildren and their parents. It wasn't very busy when we arrived at 7pm. Our server took a long time to take and deliver our drink order. It seemed to take forever to get our dinner orders placed and the wait time from the kitchen was a bit long.

The food left a lot to desired! The heavy handed use of garlic was unpleasant...the balsamic dressing was overly sweet and the pasta sauce too. The entre salad was topped with chicken that was so hot it melted the cheese and wilted the lettuce below it.

Over all it took almost 2 hours get out of this place.

2  Thank mmarco2016

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I would give this place mediocre at best. I got through the evening with beer, but I made sure to order another one before I finished my previous one because I didn't know when I would see the waitress next. My French dip was very fatty and the steaks were poorly seasoned. If they took $2-$4 off per plate, I would only be mildly upset.

2  Thank Kaeleen T
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Have been there a number of times with my neighbors for their Wednesday night steak burger special! Tasty, well portioned steak burger and for the price a good deal. It seems to be a local place with the same crowd in there but good food and drinks! gif you sit at the bar it may take few minutes to get a menu but friendly service and moderately priced.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We have been there in the past and found at least some items on the menu to be reasonably priced. This last time, it seemed the prices for even a hamburger were a bit much. Also, I don't eat french fries and anything else was an upcharge. The restaurant is not in a wealthy area, and to bring a family would be out of the question for a lot of people. The food was good, but too expensive for what we had.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

We went for Easter Brunch. While they could not find my reservation, they did accomodate us with seating immediately. The brunch area is a bit crowded but they do have most everything you could want. Shrimp piled high....carving station.....omlet station and a regular buffet that had scrambled eggs. The regular buffet line was just OK, but the rest was pretty good. I would return again.....it was more expensive for Easter/Mothers Day, etc. but on a regular Sunday maybe it's more affordable. It's not an extensive brunch, but nice and casual. Again, a bit tight in spacing. The restaurant wasn't fully booked, so who knows what that means. I liked the desserts.....they were good.