See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is a very unique property with a wonderful theme. The hosts were most kind and attentive. The food was terrific and portions very ample. The whole experience was first class. We will definitely return and in the meantime, tell our friends.

Room tip: We toured all of the rooms and they are all wonderful. You cannot go wrong selecting any of them.
Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Murray190
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The house and the property are fantastic. Spacious, rustic and with all of the modern amenities you could want. Michelle is wonderful and the breakfast is spectacular. It's as good a B&B experience as I've ever had. Too bad I couldn't stay longer.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank TGH76
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Wow!!!! What an unbelievable experience!!! The attention to detail is everywhere. The rooms are magnificent, towels and linens are all the very best. The movie theater is to die for, it has eight electric reclining chairs a lobby with snacks and hot dogs and popcorn and a screen that must be 150 inches. Breakfast was delicious, with farm fresh eggs from chickens that are on the property. The owners were very friendly and made us feel at home. My wife and daughter and I can't wait to go back. Did I mention its like 5 minutes away from Silverwood!

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank John W
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The Ponderosa Lodge Bed And Breakfast was beyond what we expected. My husband Ron and I have chose to stay at B&B's for the purpose of personal attention and for a calm relaxing enviroment. I chose the Ponderosa Lodge because of the beauty of lodge and the quiet of the country setting. Upon our arrival Jay and Michele make you feel welcome the moment you walk into their lodge. The rooms are are so relaxing, and the attention to detail is just wonderful. The breakfasts will satisfy you for the entire day as they are so delicious and filling! Ron and I got to try some new entrees we never had before, and believe me you won't be disappointed! Fresh coffee and snacks thoughout the day to enjoy. Evenings relaxing with a glass of wine in the great room enjoying great conversation. Later we would enjoy a movie in the theater room that is jaw dropping incredible. Jay is an amazing host to your any questions you might have on any movie from the 4,000 selection he has. You can also enjoy the movie with the many choices of snacks, popcorn, icecream, hotdogs. Just like the real thing! Ending your evening with a relaxing soak in the hottub out in it's own little retreat. Falling asleep in a bed that is heaven tops off the whole experience. Jay and Michele created an amazing B&B with the thought of what they would like to have if they were in the guests shoes. I would like to end this review with a huge thank you to Jay and Michele for opening your home and hearts to us and sharing a unforgetable experience. We didn't just find a place that we could getaway from it all, we found amazing wonderful new friends. We have definitly found our slice of heaven at the Ponderosa Lodge Bed and Breakfast.

Ron & Laura Walker

Room tip: Each of the 4 rooms are done so perfect, anyone you choose you wont be disappointed!
Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank laura w
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Jay and Michelle are two of the most wonderful hosts we have ever had the pleasure to meet. When we first arrived to their beautiful home until the moment we left they were so gracious, helpful and kind. They made us feel like family, took care of me when I didn't feel well and spoiled us rotten! The rooms are all so beautiful. There were snacks and drinks in every room. We had three course breakfasts every morning. The wine and hor d'oeuvres were amazing. Jay is an amazing chef and Michelle bakes the most delicious pastries. Michelle even helped avert a crisis and fixed my dress! We had a our own hot tub time and watched a lot of movies in the awesome theater next to the wine cellar! They have thousands of movies to choose from and will make hot dogs and popcorn to make the experience even better. We recommend this beautiful home and these amazing hosts to anyone who needs an amazing weekend away to just relax and enjoy quite time with two beautiful people. Thank you Michelle and Jay for such great memories and such a perfect weekend.

Date of stay: November 2011