“Delicious jewel - worth the drive”

Hali’imaile General Store
Reserve with OpenTable
Hali’imaile General Store is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 1,007 Restaurants in Maui
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hali'imaile General Store is Bev's original and most acclaimed restaurant featuring eclectic Pacific regional American cuisine with Asian overtones. We strive to use fresh, local ingredients and service with aloha. We look forward to sharing meals with loved ones, close friends and our new friends. Mahalo for your support and a hui hou (until we meet again).
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

What a unique gem in the middle of no where! Discovered this restaurant through Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. Wonderful atmosphere, professional attentive Staff, delicious food and the desserts were sinful. So so good. Will recommend Hali'imaile General Store to any of my friends or family lucky enough to visit this paradise.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

3 for dinner last night. Very popular, so I’d make reservations. Friendly service, but not too rushed. Decent selections and an unexpectedly comprehensive wine list. Be sure to put on your Maui dining list!

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

We have had this place on our yearly list of must eat. This year we were very disappointed in the quality of the food as well as the service. For the price it just was not worth the drive to get there. The food was average at best and the service was poor. The mahi had no taste. The veal was ok. As was the lamb and ribeye. Nothing to rave about. We are hoping this was an off night. Will have to decide if the trip is worth it next year. Not sure.

Renae R, General Manager at Hali’imaile General Store, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

So sorry to hear! Especially given that items you listed are some of our best and get the most amazing compliments! Did you speak with a Manager? Do you recall who your Server was or would you be able to describe them? I appreciate customer feedback and use this information to improve our service and staff. I hope you will reach out and tell me more about your visit.

hgsgm@bevgannonrestaurants.com or 808.572.2666

I truly hope you give us another try next year.

Mahalo!

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I am here to rave. I was telling a friend to go here and nearly cried because my memories are so strong. Just go. It is away from the touristy beach hotels and every taste filled me with happiness. I only wish my memory wasn't jaded by the loss of my father, but I can't go to Maui without a visit to my favorite restaurant on this island.

Everything was fresh, flavorful, vibrant, and the ambiance just makes it. What we loved was getting upcountry and away from the traditional touristy feeling while feeling the Aloha spirit in every sip and every bite.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

This is our favorite go to for special occasions. Not overly fancy but not too casual. I was happy with their vegetarian menu offerings for dinner. The wasabi mashed potatoes are my favorite. Dynamite tofu is also recommended, as is the vegetable curry. Start things off with a nice cocktail. I love their jalapeno margarita which has a name of its own.