Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area
Ranked #35 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I can't imagine that I will be back anytime soon - but just in case I am - note to self - the Hampton is next door and shares a parking lot. Stay there

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Arrival was a classic case of "I will wait on you when I'm ready". I walked up to the reception desk and the clerk was on her cell phone - from what I gather talking with her boyfriend. She looked up when I walked in, but kept talking on her cell phone for another 45 seconds only to be interrupted by the main phone ringing. She set her cell down, answered the other phone, then was getting ready to resume her conversation on her cell when I blurted out my name as to get her started on the reservation check in process. She stared at me like "what" and then proceeded to hold her finger up and told her friend that could he call her back in a few, she had to go!!! Unbelievable !!

The room had no handle on the cold water in the sink, there were several lights out-missing but the worst was there was left-over food in the microwave when we went to use it. We had booked this room thourght Hotwire (pre-paid) and it was the first day of the Masters, so no other hotel-rooms to be found at this late hour or I would have departed.

I approached the desk (she was not on the phone) and when I told her about the maintenance and cleanliness issues, she said that all she could do was write it down and leave a message for the managerment in the am. So, when I checked out, I asked the morning desk clerk had she gotten a list of items that needed to be addressed in our room, and she looked in the notebook and said there were none noted. Oh well, don't plan to be back.

Room Tip: rooms on west side quieter
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank welltraveled33_11
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The customer service is great. Thank you Erica Dunn(Asst. GM) for taking the time to accommodate my needs. I love the rooms and I have no complaint about them. Ive stay at this hotel three times and soon Im heading back and I am looking forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Just ask Erica Dunn.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2012

After changing rooms several times and looking into several other rooms this hotel is lacking maintenance. Room 408 is leaking water from the toilet, the shower curtain rod is so loose the curtain will only stay put in the middle of the shower rod and the TV needs two remotes to operate. The worst thing about it all is that management knows about these issues and hasn't corrected them. One manager actually promised to personally fix the issues if maintenance didn't get to it. Needless to say I am still waiting. Also, the indoor whirlpool has been out of order for the past three weeks and the exercise room three pieces of equipment is very out dated or broken.
The best things about this hotel is the house keeping does an excellent job with the rooms, the front desk personnel have great personalities and the breakfast is great.
Currently looking for a better hotel.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DarrinJ777411
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I currently live in VA. However, my dad has lived in Augusta for a while and is now living in a nursing home in Louisville. We come up often to visit. We always stay at the hotel on Noland Connector because it is clean and the staff is really great.

We arrived early once and thought that we would have to hang out until check-in but that wasn't the case. One of the desk clerks has family in VA and she is as nice as she can be. We would like to give a big thanks to all of the staff. Tomika and Melody were superb. Thanks for making us feel at home every time we stay with you all. (Sorry for taking so long to give the praise)

Room Tip: The suite is spacious and you don't hear noise in the hallway from the other guest.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
0.3 km away
Best Western Augusta West
#2 of 5 in Grovetown
5.6 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK