“Run!!!”

Clarion Suites
Ranked #60 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
“Run!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

I came here because the hotel that I usually stay at was full because of a basketball tournament. I say came and not stay since I didn't subject myself to an overnight. Extremely rude front desk, shabby premises, foul smelling, run down room. Get the picture? I was unable to find another hotel on town due to the tournament, and chose to drive over an hour away rather than take my chances here.

• Stayed October 2011
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I’m concerned about the service that you experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve.
I have discussed the matters that you have raised with my staff. Please rest assure that we are slowly upgrading rooms and that your concerns had been taken into consideration.

If you need further assistance regarding the matter do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Carnetta Lee
Front Desk Manager
706-868-1800 ext 507
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I was overcharged $84.62 for one day and charged $160 for two more days. I only stayed there from Friday night to Sunday morning. I called and was directed to an answering machine. No response back. I need to get credit $84.62 back on my credit card. I do not appreciate that lack of concern with the staff (Jennifer) and resolving my situation. Very disappointed and definitely an "eye-operner" in choosing a hotel in that area again.

James Clark

I would appreciate a call so I can resovle my overcharge. I left my message on the "general manager" answering machine.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Carnetta Lee
Front Desk Manager
706-868-1800 ext 507
Cornelius, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

First off the breakfast is worth staying here alone. I have been in many locations but this place has hands down the best breakfast for a value hotel I have been in.
The staff is must have to deal with some real problems at times because they never seem very nice. They always press you for ID and car make thing too. Honestly I would love a little more joy and smiles from the front desk.
Rooms are ok and the suites are pretty big. The bathrooms also have quite a lot of space if you need to spread out.
This isn't a Hilton and people staying here should know that, but for the value, I think it's a pretty good deal.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Jeannie C, Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, 9 September 2011
Thank you for your kind comments, we value our customer's opinion. We look forward to your next visit to Augusta, Georgia.

Jeannie Crouch
Waldorf, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Awful experience, when I checked in the room it had just been cleaned. Because I travel frequently I asked for a set of clean sheets, bed blanket and bedspread. I offered to replace the linen without any help,but they helped to removed the old linen where we found a filthy blanket, stained sheets, mattress cover should had been fire bombed, The hotel did agree that they don't change bedspreads between customers. When I went into the bathroom to wipe it down with clorox wipes I found dirty towels in the bathroom and the freezer was so full of ice nothing could be placed in, I did speak with the with the housekeeping mgr and she did replace the frezer within minutes and the ditry linen was removed. The carpet was unbelievable nasty and I did not want to walk on it with my shoes on! Never again would I stay at this place. The odor was hard to mask, 1 large can of Lysol sprayed daily into the air conditioner unit,carpet, on the sofa and daily wiping down with the wipes still did not help this place. Now lets talk about the type of clientele that rent this place. OMG! someone washed their linen and hung his underwear on the outside rail in the middle of the day, but this happened more than 3 times in the 4 horrible days there.Rude housekeeper! The front desk staff was ok. I would not even eat the free breakfast at this dump!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank freeinthewind
I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We value our guests comments and have followed up on each item that you noted. Please feel free to call me personally and I will make a reservation for you should your travel plans bring you to the Augusta area.

Jeannie Crouch
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

This property is older, and its rates reflect that, but it is a good place to stay for the money in Augusta. Family travelers with one or more small children will likely want to book the higher tier of suites, as the lower tier does not have a full divider between the den and the bedroom, and to enjoy the pool. The hot breakfast buffet is somewhat better than some one might get even at certain costlier hotels, and should not be missed if time is available. Very close to I-20 and Georgia Highway 28, but road noise is well buffered.

Room Tip: First-floor rooms are best given that the stairwells are exposed to the elements.