All reviewssavannah rivermain towerthe river walkthe concierge loungesuites towerboll weevilself parkparking garagebroad streetbreakfast buffetliving areahotel is in a great locationoutdoor poolstaff was very friendly and helpfulsouthern hospitalitybusiness tripnice stay
Reviewed 12 November 2017

spent a short time in Augusta for a wedding. Stayed at the Marriott and was very pleased. Rooms new and well furnished. Restaurant is great - bar is open late for food and drinks and is very reasonably priced. Staff is helpful and courteous. Would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
AugustaMarriott, Hotel Manager at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you return as our guest and want you to know that we truly value your business.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Hotel is clean and within walking distance of some excellent local restaurants. Rooms are large and beds are comfortable. Staff is friendly and helpful. Parking can be an issue during large functions.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a work conference for 3 days. The hotel is centrally located on the Riverwalk close to plenty of restaurants and bars. The accommodations at the hotel are very nice and actually exceeded my expectations, which is very hard to do because I really hate hotels because you never know what you're going to get. This hotel is updated with a modern look, clean and has met and even surpassed all of my expectations. Im usually on edge in a hotel because I feel like I can't touch anything because their dirty however I feel very comfortable here and everything appears super clean. I was given a discounted rate for this convention and I still felt this hotel was very overpriced especially for Augusta ( but I am extremely cheap). The food for our convention was mediocre at best. However, I did see the staff going above and beyond to make sure that our glasses were filled, that our plates were cleared and that our food was served promptly. The snacks served during the convention were delicious. I would recommend this hotel to anybody coming to the Augusta area for business or pleasure. However, I can't see myself paying this high price for Augusta but if I had to come back to Augusta I might have to suck it up because I'm positive this is probably the best accommodations in the area and I'm positive their courteous staff can't be beat.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Nicole,

Reviewed 26 October 2017

They are two sides to the hotel. The main tower has newer and more modern room while the other building has larger suites with kitchenettes. I was really impressed by my room. I found it so sleek and modern that I wondered why Marriott even bothered to acquire the SPG chain (it was to tap into the luxury market but I find some Marriotts, like this one, much more luxurious than many outdated SPG hotels).
Also, I loved having Netflix available onto my room's large screen smart TV. I just had to log in and I could binge watch on all the shows saved in my list.

Now the bad part. I went there for a two-day conference and everybody complained about the temperature the entire time. It was freezing cold. Since the heat worked well in the rooms, we figured that maybe the hotel was trying to save on their energy bill. Unfortunately, it was quite uncomfortable to endure this for two days.

Also, their wifi internet is not reliable. It is hard to get more than two bars and the connection often drops. Once again, that's not helpful when you're traveling for business and you're trying to join a web-conference or get some work done.

Finally, the hotel is well located in downtown Augusta. It sits right on the river (nice walk) and a couple of blocks away from many restaurants, bars and other fun places.

Room Tip: Ask for main tower with view on river
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Great, friendly staff and nice river views. Facilities good for meetings. Food over-priced and over-rated Average faux Italian at best. Large, clean room, reasonably priced. Best feature is well trained, friendly staff willing to help in any situation.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business