“Great food - great service!”
Review of Finch & Fifth

Finch & Fifth
Reserve with OpenTable
Finch & Fifth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 509 Restaurants in Augusta
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2016

My husband and I went to Finch & Fith for date night. Have been several times and have never been disappointed, so thought I would finally write a review. They serve one of my favorite cocktails, caiphrinha's, which are hard to find - even harder to find a good one! Food is always fresh and delicious. They were out of the pimento cheese this time, so they served us smoked salmon deviled eggs - scrumptious! Where else can you have boiled peanut hummus? My husband had the Surrey Pig (not one bite left) and I had the scallop dish with rice and kale. Never seem to have room for dessert, although the list is tempting!

Reviewed 25 May 2016

My wife and I have been to Finch & Fifth two times, with one visit just recently with my Mother-in-Law. Each time we have came, it's been in the evening and not disappointing at all. The vibe is great, but not overbearing. You can expect to have good conversation without a ton of noise. When you're inside and intertwined with your party, you actually forget where you are in town; this place seems like it should be down town on the water.

The service we received during both of our visits was top-notch and extremely friendly. The staff is very knowledgeable about the menu and their drinks, craft beers and wine/specialty selections, which makes the experience better especially if you decide on a meat and cheese plate. The owner is usually in-house and is extremely friendly and passionate about his place; be careful, because he's a talker. haha.

Our food arrived on time and was explained to us in vivid detail. Each time we have visited we ordered from their wide range of meats and cheeses - trust me, they don't disappoint. I would highly recommend the olives with citrus (I can't remember the exact name) since they are delicious. Depending on your cheese and meat palate, you can eat a variety of sweet or salty types, but I would recommend the Smoked Salmon and the Red Dragon cheese if you cannot make up your mind. Their in-house mustard is phenomenal as well; you may need to get an extra scoop.

Overall, this is a great little restaurant that is nestled in the Surrey Center and off the beaten path of downtown Augusta and Washington road, but after your visit you will definitely put it down as a go-to spot.

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places to eat in Augusta and I've written several positive reviews in the past... But today - not sure it even deserved a one rating...!

First of all... It's Mother's Day!!! Totally unprepared for the crowd! You can add outside tables to seat people, BUT when the kitchen can't keep up with the food orders, it just doesn't make for a happy dining experience.

Second, our server, Kane, was not with it. The mimosas were "shaken and spilled" throughout the restaurant and all over our table - glasses were filled to the top! Then, after we ordered,he disappeared...??? Sheree brought out our orders after a 40-45 min wait. Needless to say... All were barely warm or cold! My vegetable omelet, which was ONLY a smidgen of cheese and chopped broccoli, was cold, dry and tasteless. The worst omelet I've ever been served... Nothing like what was listed on the menu!!!

The BLT finally arrived at the table 10 min after everyone else's. It was cold and tasteless... The side order of bacon was covered in grease... Our friend had to go ask for napkins to blot off the grease... Obviously our food was prepared and left sitting in the kitchen for an extended period of time!

So very disappointed in our Brunch and the service... This is not the norm for Finch and Fifth, but it will be a while before we return...

1  Thank Polly313
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

While visiting our young adult son in Augusta, we had dinner at Finch & Fifth, based on a friend's recommendation. We arrived on a Monday evening around 6 pm and were seated promptly. Our server was very knowledgeable of the menu and made several helpful suggestions. Our charcuterie was a pimento cheese "jar" and the bresaola, aged, sliced tenderloin. This was served with delicious toast points, sliced sweet bread and crispy, thin crackers. Each item was $5. Our entrees were: grilled red snapper with grits ($26), duck confit strawberry salad with delicious cheese ($13), and a wedge salad with crab cake ($18). Each of us thought his/her entree was best; all were delicious. The crowd was small but lively, making it difficult to hear each other speak. They appear to need to add some sound deadening drapes or rugs. When on the area of the Surrey Center, I'd suggest you stop in for a delightful meal.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Had dinner here, limited menu. I had the pork chop which was good but sides were skimpy for the price. My wife had the snapper. Not great, a little rich, and would not order again.
Requested bread, never received it. Ordered an additional glass of wine, never received it. One and done with this place.