“not great but not bad”

Ranked #33 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Charleston, South Carolina
“not great but not bad”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

easy access, nice room everything works. wifi is good. bed is comfortable, shower has lots of hot water, tv has decent stations. room had a smoky musty smell, and carpet was a bit dated. breakfast was good= great fried potatoes ! coffee needed to be hotter. staff was very professional.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I always stay at this hotel when I go to Augusta. The rooms are clean, the rates are fair, and good restaurants are very close. My last stay this past week was exceptional! I had twisted my ankle and slowly approached the check-in counter. Philip checked me in and did everything possible to assist me in being comfortable in my room. I will never forget his kindness and generosity.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Phillip D, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Hi Patrick!

Thank you so much for your great review! We love getting feedback from our guests and we're thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We hope the next time you're in Augusta you come and visit us again.

Best Regards,
Phillip Driscoll
Cornwall On Hudson, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is a clean and comfortable Country Inn & Suites...within walking distance (without having to go on the busy highway) of Red Lobster. Breakfast was so-so. Bold coffee wasn't so much bold as it was bitter. BUT........Barandes is the finest desk clerk we have ever encountered...Ever! Not only was she very friendly she was efficient and had a great sense of humor. She also warned us at check in that there were two goups of high school kids there for a local basketball tournament. That did sound a bit ominous but she then went on to say she would be on duty that night and she would monitor and control the teens. Indeed she did because we didn't hear a single sound all night long!!! In the morning when I told her that she laughed and again entered into friendly banter. Even wanted to know if we would be stopping on our way home from Florida in a couple of weeks (we won't...can't) and said she would have loved to see us again. Now this is a young woman and we are old enough to be her grandparents. The property management should do everything in their power to hold onto Barandes and to reward her for being an ideal employee. We'll send a message directly to the property as well. She should have a fine future in the hospitality industry if she's interested...and she could rise to the top in a hurry! Thanks, Barandes for a memorable experience!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Hi there UMichAlum!

We were overjoyed to hear that we were able to make your stay so enjoyable, we value all of our employees here at Country Inn and are always more than happy when we hear that they're making Guests' visits amazing. It's too bad you weren't able to make it back to us on the return trip, however hopefully you'll be able to make it down again soon.

Best regards,
Phillip Driscoll
McCormick
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I was impressed by the staff on the desk upon arrival. They were very courteous and professional. The room was superb! The food in the breakfast area as well as the person manning the breakfast area was all great. I left there knowing that when I am in Augusta overnight again, I will always stay at the Country Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor facing the back lot but it did not matter.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
hamlet,nc
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here on Feb.16,2012. We were in town for a drs. appointment. The pro's are first of all, the young man who checked us in. He was wonderful. He went out of his way to be helpful, especially giving us lost souls directions. I wish I knew his name, but he was a black young man with braids. He was working around 3:30 pm. Each time we needed his help, he was most cordial to us. Another pro was that the room was clean, in appearance and smell. This is most important to me. The price was comparable to the other places I had called.. The con was that there were children playing in the hall at midnight. My husband had to get up at 5:30 the next morning so we were very disappointed that it was too loud to sleep.. I had seen a little boy in the lobby when we came back back from dinner who asked if we needed help checking in. I think his mom was working. To be fair, I have no idea if he had anything to do with the kids who were so loud. we also heard adults being extremely loud, but the kids were over the top. I would stay there again, because of the kindness of that young man and the cleanliness.

Room Tip: I always ask to see the room before we check in.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business