“surprised”
Review of West Bank Inn

West Bank Inn
Ranked #16 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Do not let the outside entry keep you away. This place is a little gem in Augusta. Exceptionally clean rooms with good lighting, mini fridge, microwave. Breakfast consisted of sausage, eggs, mini pancakes, hash browns, fruit, cereal, and more. Small eating area but it did not become congested. Free local paper and small business center. Loved it. I have stayed in seven hotels in the last three months around Augusta and this is the best under its category. Will definitely return; like next week.

Room Tip: stay on bottom floor or lug luggage up the steps.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank travelerrc13

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I was traveling with my mother (who is quite healthy). When I called to make reservations, they made sure we were on the bottom floor, as there is no elevator. They also volunteered information on parking near the room and in general were very caring. The hotel is across the street from the best-rated steakhouse in town, so if you have time for dinner, it's great. Rooms were clean and the rooms were surprisingly quiet given the location. Breakfast was impressive given the space, and included almond butter without peanut contamination, several versions of oatmeal, eggs and sausages, sweeteners of all kinds (natural and artificial), and choices for various medical diets and other needs from low-carb to high-fiber.

Room Tip: I would prefer a second-story room, but the staff really didn't want to subject my dear "el...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Terri B
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This is by far the cleanest motel I've ever stayed in. The room was a basic motel room with a microwave and fridge. The breakfast was above average for complimentary. The staff were extremely nice and took care of all of my needs. I stayed 3 nights because my dad is in the VA hospital. They were very sympathetic and made sure I was comfortable. Every night when I got back to my room, I had a new set of sheets and a completely clean room. Hope I don't have to go back because of the situation, but if I do.....I know where I'll be staying!

Room Tip: I got a room on the end next to the street and it was a little noisy due to traffic, but not bad.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Krista R
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I elected to stay here because of the overwhelming positive reviews on Trip Advisor. When I drove up, I thought I had made a horrible err in judgment. After checking in and inspecting the room my concerns were subdued. The place has no drive-up appeal however the room was as-expected (average, clean, basic) and the service was top notch. Add in the free breakfast that comes with a nights stay and I'd stay there every time. This is certainly a place not to judge by its cover.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank WMB7
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel to visit my Granddaughter for her 4th birthday. Based on the reviews on here, I had recommended this place to my son, who is in the Army, for when he comes into town to visit his children. He was a little worried about it at first, but fell in love with the place. Everything is clean and well maintained and the entire property shows that the owners care about the place. The free breakfast was wonderful, the staff amazingly friendly and helpful. And the beds are comfortable - which I loved. I would definitely stay here again. It's a basic place when you're just looking for a comfortable bed in a clean room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family