“Very pleasant stay!!!”

Ranked #19 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Atlanta
“Very pleasant stay!!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I traveled to Augusta for business and chose to stay at this Holiday Inn Express because they offered my government rate. My two day visit was very pleasant. I am one of those who previously considered Holiday Inn as a "cheap" hotel. I was greeted as I entered the door and checked in very quickly. I was offered the Priority Club membership and was treated to some snacks. The room was very clean and well prepared. The pool and hot tub were great. Free breakfast and wifi are included with the room. Overall great experience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Recently, late Feburary of 2012, we made our third stop at this Holiday Inn Express. Our first stay was just after the opening. I must say that the hotel was as clean and the staff as efficient on this stay as the first. The reviewer that said the room couldn't be darkened would find a difference now as we had no trouble closing the curtains and having a dark and deep sleep in the comfortable beds.

The pool area and hot tub looked inviting and well-kept. My daughter used the exercise room and found it sufficient -- she is an exercise enthusiast.
We have stayed at many places that offer the free breakfast buffet. However, this hotel beat them all.
The bacon and hot pancakes hit the spot as did the other generous selections.

Augusta is a stop for us several times a year. This will be our stop for a clean and restful respite!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 12345gran
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I have stayed in this Hotel twice. It is amazingly quiet and seems to cater mostly to business travel. The only downside is that the curtains can't be closed. the shears let in a lot of light during the night.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This is a brand new property with the temporary banner out front still attached to the entrance wall. We had a beautiful, spacious room which was spotlessly clean. The breakfast room had a fireplace going and the scrambled eggs were delicious (not the bland ones so often encountered in hotels).There is very easing access on and off I-20. Beds were extremely comfortable. The television had a great picture. The only "hitch" in our all-too-brief stay was that the remote for our TV did not work. However, the TV had manual controls at the side which enabled us to change channels and adjust the volume, so we were fine. (When we told the staff member at the desk about the problem, he was very eager to fix it.)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
atlanta, ga
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Beautiful, new hotel. I travel often and on a budget, so I have learned bring snacks, leftovers, drinks, and water with me for convenience. With the usual items in tow, I went to my room to find that no refrigerator nor microwave was in the room. Mind you, this is an express, no restauraunt. I asked the front desk employee where the fridge and microwave was. I was told that only the suites have them (much more costly room). Well, needless to say, I will not stay here again. Seems they could have used some of that "new" money to continue satisfying loyal customers. Also, I am a platinum customer. No offer of an upgrade

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo