“Nice clean place to stay !!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We arrived in the early evening to a regular ritual of free wine and beer and nachos and cheese and beef . It was just what we needed and Mallory, the desk agent, was warm and friendly making sure we felt at home . The room was nice and the beds were comfortable .Breakfast was fine in the morning and we felt it was a good value to stay there ! Once again , we discovered it via our TA partners whose experiences were mostly very positive . It was strange that the person the next morning had trouble giving us directions to Augusta National given its fame; a little education for the employees would quickly take care of that. . It was unfortunate that there was little to see anyway as you cannot access the course except during the practice rounds and the actual tournament . We almost missed where the gate was as it is not marked by a big sign or in anyway dramatically . Wasn't even worth taking a picture ! If you are passing through Augusta , this Comfort Inn is worthy of your investment for the evening !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
KelseyL, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and post your comment with TripAdvisor. We are beyond thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us!. The guest rooms were redesigned to feel like a cozy, modern residence and it seems like you felt right at home. We pride ourselves on our location and I think you described it perfectly. I strongly believe that our team, specially, Mallory has the burning desire to be successful. I appreciate the candor and feedback as this truly allows our team to see a perspective from our guest's view--and that makes us better in the long run for sure. I am thrilled that my colleagues provided great food and great service for you during your stay. The team and I delighted for making your stay in our wonderful hotel pleasant. Thank you again and looking forward to see you soon have great week.

Sincerly,

Kelsey Long

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

The hotel is close to the freeway and a gas station. That's it, and the few things worth seeing in Augusta is in driving distance. The room wasn't that big, and the sleeping sofa was really not suitable for sleeping. But they rarely are, I guess.
The staff was service minded alright, but it really irritates me, when I ask for the Augusta National Golf Club, and the young woman behind the desk does not know, what I am talking about. I mean: This dump of a city (sorry Augusta, but it is), just about in the middle of no where has one thing going: The most famous gold course in the world. And the reception lady never heard of it. Find another job. Please.
The complementary breakfast is nothing special, but as you know: It is much better than none at all.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

After reading your review, you might imagine how disappointed I am to learn about the issues you experienced on your recent visit with us. They certainly are not reflective of the Comfort Suites level of service for which we are known and I assure you that this was a highly exceptional situation. You are correct about our employees, all though some which are new employees but that is no excuse and we are addressing the service issues as a valuable learning process.

I hope you will allow us another opportunity to show you the true Comfort Suites experience as we want to make up for your previous experiences.

Kelsey Long, General Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed here about a month ago. Thought I reviewed it but I could'nt find my review. It is worth posting again. I apologize if this is a duplicate. The hotel is one of the nicest Comfort Inn property I have stayed in. I spend between 100-120 nights a year on the road. The hotel was very clean, the breakfast was very good and clean The room was spotless and everyone was really accomadating and happy to help. I can't comment on the wi-fi as I didn't use it.Or the pool but it looked really nice. There is a train track across the road. It never bothered me I never heard it except one morning it ran around 5:30 or so but I was already awake. So you may want to get a room on the back side. Overall a great stay

Room Tip: I would get a room on the back side due to a train track on the front.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Rick B
KelseyL, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your observations. It is my pleasure always to attend to all the needs of our guests. My Colleagues and I are delighted to hear that you found our team to be helpful and friendly—that is wonderful. My colleagues and I trust “Excellence is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.” We are proud of the Comfort Suites and the new direction we all taking to be sure all of our guest have the same feeling that you have ” I appreciate your feedback as this truly allows our team to see a perspective from our guests view and that makes us better in the long run . Hopefully you will continue to return and enjoy the continued progress that will always exceed your expectations. My colleagues and I thrilled that we have gained you as a loyal guest we look forward to having you back.

Sincerly,
Kelsey Long

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This comfort suites made us stop and think about using this hotel chain again - in a good way! The hotel was well kept, clean, welcoming and the breakfst that was included was very nice. The room was well appointed and beds/linens seemed new. Free wifi helped too. The staff were very friendly. Only negative comment is that airconditioning is beside the bed and vents are not adjustable so we took a 2bed room and slept in the bed farthest away from air conditioning. However, it was 105 outside and our room was cold - so can't really complain too much.

Room Tip: the hotel is in a quiet area almost off a highway, but close to lots of food & shopping & e...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amgmhg
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Location was safe. One exit away from a lot of restaurants. Room was clean. Staff was very friendly!

• Stayed: July 2012