“Best Fillet in Augusta...”
Review of Bistro 491 - CLOSED

Bistro 491
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wheeler
Puno
“Best Fillet in Augusta...”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This restaurant was really good, expensive but good. I started with the Barely seared Tuna. It was not bad at all but is not special and the portion is way too small. Then I tried the Wild mushroom and ham bruchetta and I loved it. We ordered the New York Strip and the Center cut Black Angus Filet. Both cuts were awesome, big portion, right temperature, tender and flavorful. Couldn’t ask more about my steak.

• Visited August 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Augusta, Georgia
“Great food, not so great service.”
Reviewed 18 June 2011

After waiting to be seated in an empty restaurant for 5 minutes, I finally asked the blonde lady that passed my wife and I several times without speaking, if this restaurant utilizes self seating. She looked offended, but did apologize or explain the wait. This did not start things off well. I am pleased to say that the night improved quickly with table service, entrees, and dessert being 5 stars good.

Augusta, Georgia
“Excellent food, poor service”
Reviewed 7 March 2011

They food at Bistro 491 is really fantastic (most of the time.) They are slightly overpriced however. The biggest downfall is the service. Half of the staff are the nicest people you will meet, but the other half seem to be extremely rude and act as if they would rather be anywhere else in the world other than there serving you. My wife and I usually go every week to every other week, but due to some very rude service a few weeks ago, we have not been lately and will stay away for a while.

7 Thank Dhasek
San Antonio, Texas
“Fine dining in Augusta”
Reviewed 5 March 2011

I had a wonderful experience and the food was excellent!
My husband and I will definitely return.

• Visited March 2011
“Surprisingly disappointing”
Reviewed 15 December 2010

It had been a number of years since my last visit to Bistro 491 when I decided to set up a business dinner for 7 there. While the atmosphere was reasonably quiet, it was not very festive given the mid-December date. The service was adequate, but it was the food that was most disappointing. 2 of us had the French Onion Soup and agreed it was the blandest onion soup we had ever had. The broth had virtually no flavor or spices. No one was excited about their main courses either. One of our guests even had to return their filet since it arrived the first time in a very over-done condition. My trout dish (the evening special) was also very bland. Suffice it to say, it will be many more years before I consider trying Bistro 491 again.