All reviewscinnamon rollsroom was cleanpancake makerfree breakfastnothing fancydowntown areaan older hoteluga campusbroad ststaff was friendlywould definitely stay here againtwo night stayrooms are smallgreat roomlate checkpleasant stayconvenient location
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay. The room was clean, fitness center small but well equipped. Breakfast was good and close to downtown shops and dining within walking distance. Only down side was small elevator, only one elevator. Room is nice but thin walls heard nearly everything going on in next room. Staff was courteous. Would go again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Maxwell T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to hosting you again in your next travels to the Classic City.

Hospitably,

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here after the hotel we were supposed to stay at had mold in the rooms.
We had called ahead about 20 minutes before we arrived and requested a rollaway and it was waiting in the room for us. The room was comfortable and clean although the bed wasn't the best. Rooms had a fridge and micro. Plenty of parking and free hot breakfast.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Maxwell T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

I am glad that we could exceed your expectations. We hope you choose us first for you next travels to Athens, Georgia.

Hospitably,

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I stayed in this hotel for four nights while at a conference. The hotel itself was not bad but it was a little awkward having the opening to the hotel so far down from the entrance. I missed the entrance because I thought there was one for the main road. However, that did not impact my review. There were a few things that did make my stay nice but then a few things that didn't.

One thing that was nice about the hotel was the closeness to the University where I was going for my conference. I did not have to get up too early to get to where I needed. Also, the room itself was comfortable but a little bit cramped. The bathroom itself was also a bit on the small side for a king bed room. I was on the 5th floor in the corner immediately next to the elevator but never heard any sort of noise so I can say the noise level was adequate for me.

The things that were a bit of a bother to me as follows: 1) The Ice Machine never worked while I was there. I went to the front desk the first night to inform them of the problem but never saw it remedied. I could get ice from their kitchen but that was a bit awkward; 2) The gym was not bad if the machines worked. I used the treadmill mostly and it worked for what I needed but one day the treadmill just died for about 5-10 minutes. I had to replug it in a couple of times before it finally worked. The elliptical and bicycle never worked; 3) The WiFi was adequate for my needs when I was in the room but I hated having to re-log in each time I signed into the WiFi in my room. Most hotels remember your computer and phone so it was a pain having to re-log in.

Overall, the hotel did not ruin my experience but I hope in the future they do update and fix their problems.

Room Tip: Top Floor was the most quiet
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Kali I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Jeremy,

Thank you so much for telling us about your experience. We are happy to hear that our location worked out well for the purposes of your visit to Athens, and that you did not experience any issues with noise during your stay. Additionally, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We will use your feedback to coach our team so that we can prevent this from happening again. Please know that we are currently working with IHG to upgrade our property for the comfort of all of our guests. We hope that you will visit us again soon so that we can make up for the issues that you experienced during your stay.

Kali I.
Guest Services

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Always great to stay at Holiday Inn Express! As always, the room was comfy and cool ( it IS June in Athens Ga), the bed firm, and the Breakfast...Oh, those wonderful Cinnamon Rolls!! Great location close to UGA - walking distance - and a CVS pharmacy just 2 blocks away! Lots of dining and entertainment to choose from, and of course - Sanford Stadium a close walk.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Maxwell T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

We are so happy that we continue to make your trip to Athens, GA. We love having you as a guest. Next time you are in the Classic City make sure you get a specially designed box for our Cinnamon Rolls to go.

Go Dawgs!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I always check reviews on Trip Advisor before booking a hotel. I did not do check the reviews for this hotel before making a reservation. We attended a dance competition in Athens and the hotel listed on the competition's website was Holiday Inn Express. The rate was decent and I booked it. The location was close to the competition venue but there were other hotels close to the venue that were right across the street and within walking distance. The hotel is old, dank and in need of a renovation. I was glad I brought my houseshoes because the carpet was filthy. My husband thought he smelled urine when we stepped out of the elevator. There was a small streak of blood on our comforter. I wasn't thrilled when I saw this but there was a sheet between us and the comforter. The bathroom is very small so don't plan on staying there with more than two girls. We thought there may be some redeeming quality in the breakfast but it was not good. There are better choices in Athens.

Room Tip: Room 521 has a nice view of the woods
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Maxwell T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We understand and apologize for the inconvenience caused by the age of the property. We are currently working to make enhancements to deliver a more comfortable stay for all of our guests. We hope for the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are in the area.