“Great Sandwich Shop”
Review of Al's Beef - CLOSED

Al's Beef
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I had stop by to pick up a sandwich for me and my father. What can I say, fast, friendly, and great staff! The menu is very diverse and located in downtown near most of the bars. Definitely recommend to anybody looking for a great sandwich on the go!

Date of visit: August 2012
2  Thank Thebrownkidblog

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Lots of beef dipped in au jus, just delicious. Ho made fries if you dont like salty tell em to hold the salt..

Date of visit: July 2012
2  Thank reaganspoppy
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have seen the billboards all over town and tonight we decided to give it a try. I usually stay far away from downtown Athens on a Friday night but every once in awhile I forget about the parking and go for it. We got lucky and only had to park about two blocks away on E Clayton. I was pretty happy about that!

The staff greeted us as soon as we walked thru the door. It was a Friday evening about 7:30 and the place was empty. The person taking our order was very friendly and eager to help, he explained each sandwich options to us with great patience. I ordered the regular beef with peppers, WET. You can also get the sandwich completely dunked in the broth (Maybe next time).

We ordered a large fry and it was enough for all three of us, and very good. Cut there and cooked to order. You can also get options on the fries, like Blue Cheese, Chilli, BBQ sauce....etc. Cant wait to try the Buffalo Blue Cheese fries next time.

I have never eaten at the one in Chicago, but this was a really good meal, tender, juicy and yummy!

Date of visit: June 2012
2  Thank Reaganspopy
Reviewed 12 June 2012

A little bit of Chicago in downtown Athens. Order the beef, dunked, with cheese, and hot and sweet peppers. Nothing like it anywhere else.

Date of visit: May 2012
1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This place serves up beef sandwiches. I feel like it is kind of overpriced, but maybe it's all in my head. It's not great, but it does hit the spot for a late night snack.

Date of visit: April 2012