All reviews full kitchen pots and pans small kitchen huge room king suite the ice maker nice hotel in town fitness center rooms are spacious nice stay other hotels football weekend pantry refrigerator accommodations pet
Reviewed 22 May 2018

A very nice hotel in a good location, close to the UGA campus. Rooms are spacious, good beds and the hotel is super clean. The only negative? We were in town for one night for daughter's graduation. The price of the room was jacked up to nearly 3x its normal rate. Now I know demand determines price, but this was ridiculous. For over $300 a night I'd expect a bucket of chilled Moet and free breakfast. Sadly, neither component was delivered.

Room tip: Two queens seem to be the best layout
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank chef-atl
Hotel_Staff156, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation!! Yes, supply and demand play a part in hotel rates, especially over graduation and home football game weekends. If you happen to have an IHG Rewards club membership, you have the opportunity to gain a discount on your rate.by booking a reservation under an IHG rewards member rate. If you would like to sign up, it's easy. We would be happy to assist you. Thank you for staying at Candlewood Suites Athens. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

The location is outstanding and the staff is friendly. The stay was better than some accommodations I had while abroad in the military...but that is the last compliment I will give.

Upon arrival our room was hot and humid due to the A/C being inoperative. I was informed that maintenance had already been working on the A/C. They called maintenance again and made it operational but the thermostat did not function and we unable to achieve a comfortable temperature without constantly turning the unit on and off. The room was equipped with a motion sensor. If you were gone or motionless for an unknown amount of time the A/C shuts off. We were out for the G-Day game and when we returned the room was hot and humid again and it took hours to cool once we were able to get the A/C operational.

The floors act like an amplifier to any noise from above. The walls allow for easy listening of your neighbors TV and the door closure of a neighbor is quite loud. The bed was not the worst but ranks in the lower 20%.

I am an IHG member and a frequent traveler. This stay was bad enough that not only will I never stay at this hotel again but I may never stay at a Candlewood if this is the level of quality they provide. I was offered 300 points for my inconvenience and honestly I don’t consider that adequate for a loyal (greater than a decade) IHG member. I should mention that I am a light sleeper and I like a room below 72 degrees at night.

Good luck and Go Dawgs!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel_Staff156, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback on our stay! We appreciate the time that you took to tell us about it. We are so sorry that you experienced the Issues that you did while staying here for the weekend. Thank you for reaching out to the front desk agent, to allow us to address the main problem. We want all of our guests to have an exceptional stay and realize that that was not your experience. Please feel free to reach out to the general manager if you would like to discuss your stay further. We hope that you will give us another chance when you are in town again.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Checked in. Very friendly. Got to room and it had not been cleaned. They were nice about it though. It is 6 miles from down town Athens FYI. So if looking for a really close hotel to UGA this may not be it.

Room tip: Away from elevator.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel_Staff156, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

We are very sorry that you experienced the issue that you did! You should never have encountered that! We will look into that situation to see that it does not happen again. Please allow us another chance to show you a great experience and enjoyable stay.

Yes, we are away from downtown Athens, closer to the Interstates and Hwy 316, and behind Cycle World (which is now known as Harley Davidson of Athens)

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Loved this hotel was pet friendly! Huge room! Pet areas to walk your pooches. Buddy and Abby were very comfortable. Bed was very restful. All slept well! Only stayed 1 night so Buddy could have surgery at UGA the next morning. Would stay at Candlewood suites again after a wonderful experience here! Staff are very friendly and welcomed us and our furbabies!

Room tip: King suite was huge!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel_Staff156, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your response and hope that you will stay with us again with your furbabies when you are back in the area. Hopefully, it will be for a visit to Athens and not involve the UGA Veterinary hospital. We hope your furbaby is recovering well!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I stayed for just one night and the hotel is in a nice quiet area and i slept really well. The room was quite small but sufficient and the bathroom was good. I was not recognised as a Spire Elite member and was not offered any upgrade. Would use again if in the area,

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Hotel_Staff156, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and apologize for your not being recognized as a Spire Elite Rewards member. We appreciate our rewards members and want you to know that we will certainly be addressing this internally with our team. We certainly hope to reverse your impression of the hotel the next time that you are traveling to the area.