All reviews per night bedroom football tv shower campus beds
Reviewed 30 July 2018

My daughter and I were in Athens for a state swim meeet and we were blown away by this hotel. Being an UGA graduate, I know finding a clean, well maintained hotel is not easy to find in Athens. Although this hotel is very new, so of course it would be clean, the service was amazing. The staff went above and beyond attending to our every need which can be alot when you are staying in a hotel for a 3 day swim meet. This is definitely our "go to" hotel when visiting Athens. Cannot recommend it enough!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two days. Balcony room King suite 700 sq. Only type of room they had like this. Over looking the streets of Athens. I can see this as the number one room to get during football games. Seperate bedroom from living room. Both rooms had a TV. Living room had a freg and microwave. Nice size bar in room with 3 tall chairs to eat. Nice size sectional with two chairs in living room. 1 1/2 bathrooms. 1/2 bathroom in living room. Standing shower in bedroom. Corner room. Foyer was 5 feet making everything quiet.

Booked 10 rooms. The other rooms (2 queens and King) nice size. Comfortable for 4 - 6 adults. Nice spacing in between beds.

Customer service was A1. Everybody willing to help. Smiles on faces everyday.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2018

I am a road warrior, with about 250 nights a year on the road. I have stayed at every kind of hotel you can think of. I am a Marriott rewards member and asked for an upgrade. I was given a suite on the 7th floor. The room was the best hotel room I have ever stayed in. The room was about the same size as a Residence Inn or Home2Suites, but, be still my heart, there were two bathrooms! This would save a lot of trouble on a family trip. The room was up-to-date and tastefully decorated, without any of the tire 70s hotel motif you get too often. The suite has a bedroom with a door, a sitting area, an entry hallway, a real kitchenette (no stove), and the second bathroom is off the sitting area. There was a big TV in the sitting area and a slightly smaller one in the bedroom. The shower was a modern walk-in and would have been perfect if the shower head was on a hose. The kitchenette has a Kuerig machine, so be a good road warrior and bring your favorite pods. The hotel pods are so-so at best, but that is true in the four and five star hotels as well. Unlike too many other hotel rooms, there are multiple outlets and USB ports throughout the suite. I have to bring a portable office with printer, scanner, two laptops, a hotspot, and two phones, so enough outlets are important. On a family trip, there will be the same amount of electronics. I always bring a surge protector for my electronics because you can't count on the hotel being protected or having enough outlets. The view from the 7th floor was nice. The check-in and check-out experiences were perfect and they know how to handle tax exempt forms, something other brands often screw-up. I was pleasantly surprised at how well-trained the staff was, especially at such a new hotel (only a few weeks old). I nearly always book at Courtyards (they upgrade me there too so I am not prejudiced), but this experience is making me take a hard look at my brand loyalty. This hotel will be my go-to when I am working in the Athens area. The hotel was cleaner than clean, the beds and linen were amazing and the downtown location puts you close to all the Athens landmarks. Get the suite, it is worth it!

Room Tip: Room 721 has good views, is quiet and spacious
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank joe85148
SpringHillAthens, General Manager at Springhill Suites Athens Downtown / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thank you for your glowing review. We appreciate you giving us a try. We pride ourselves on customer service and happy to hear that we hit the mark during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Athens.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

A new place. So new the linen is still coarse. A well-done facility in close proximity to downtown. Very good internet service and excellent customer service. Parking is available onsite for $10/night. The cheap through the wall AC unit sounds like a jet engine running, even on its lowest setting. It is impossible to sleep. The foam pillows are torture for someone that doesn't like foam. I cannot remember pillows this bad but that is my fault for not bringing my own pillow like so many people now seem to be doing. Now I understand why.

For some reason, they make you put your room key into a slot to get any of the lights in the room to work. That's a lot of fun when you need to get the lights on in the middle of the night. My biggest beef is with the parking where you learn that if you drive a Tesla, the establishment will not only give you handicapped priority reserved parking but they will pay for your fuel to get to your next stop. What do I have to do to get my fuel paid for Marriott if I choose to not drive a Tesla? I am environmentally sensitive to the inefficiency of the use of electricity to charge batteries and the toxicity of batteries when they go into salvage yards and dumps. Where's my credit for this? Why would the place discriminate against 99.99% of car owners to provide a benefit to Tesla owners?

You don't get any preferential treatment if you have Marriott status but if you drive a Tesla, they have a space reserved for you beside the entry door with free fuel.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank 04DTS
SpringHillAthens, General Manager at Springhill Suites Athens Downtown / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We are very happy that you found the location, customer service, internet, and facility of excellent quality. I certainly understand how pillows you are not accustomed to can take some adjustment. We do offer feather pillows in every room in addition to the foam pillows that you mentioned in your review. We will certainly take a look at the air conditioning unit in your room to ensure it is functioning properly. I am sorry to hear that you did not like any of our energy efficient features. Our entryway is controlled by a key for two of the lights in every room. The remainder of the room is controlled independently and available at all times with or without a key. Thank you for noting our electric vehicle stations. We do feature a total of 6 in our parking deck. We highly value every guest that stays with us and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Athens area.