See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 November 2016

I arrived on a Thursday, Thanksgiving Day and the beach, although an over cast day, the beach was just wonderful. La Ceiba is not exactly a clean city and the beaches are certainly dirty and the sand is the color of pukey brownish-grey yet, the view of the Caribbean Sea erased those minor imperfections. The staff of HPB is nice and willing to please. They are not aggressive but genuinely want to assist. Lots of please/thank yous. Coming from Tegus where everyone is sort of rude, this was a nice break of just plain hospitality and courtesy. Our room was on the second floor overlooking the sea. Just wonderful. The room was clean and provided things one would need for a 4 day stay. I noticed that the shower head had water/calcium build up and the front desk assistant immediately took it out and cleaned it somewhere else and brought it back. He checked to make sure we had hot water and NOPE, no hot water. He called down to the front desk and within 15 min, he moved our belongings to another room. The hot water worked in there and he made sure the shower head was clean.

We ate in the hotel's restaurant the first night. We got the meat platter. AND IT WAS GOOD, grilled pork chops, grilled chicken and churassco beef along with some sausages and a bunch of sides (which I don't eat). Since I was on vacation, I had two cocktails; a killer strawberry margarita and a Amaretto stone sour. The waitstaff was just adorable and let you eat your meal and enjoy yourself. We ate again the next afternoon and had the chicken and fish fingers and I have to say they were GOOD! These were homemade, not some pre-made stuff that was frozen and then fried. On our last night there, my son wanted only the fish/chicken fingers and I got the grilled pork chops (chuleta). For other meals, we ventured over to La Palapa and other places - reviews later.

I didn't want some fancy overpriced tour of sites to see so the hotel called a private taxi to take us on driving tours (his name is DANIEL - he's the best. He's knows everyone, knows the history of La Ceiba and knows the Garifuna community). First we went to the the Malecon or pier, Walmart (I know but I needed some chips and chocolate) and the mercado. The next day, we got the same guy to take us to Sambo Creek and Corozal, these are Garifuna villages, nearly 200 years old but we ate at a nice place there and enjoyed the beaches there and mixed/mingled with the Garifuna people.

The only slight down fall to the Partenon, is the breakfast. Not all of it but just the eggs. The cook cannot fry a good sunny side up egg to where the yolk burst out over and you can dip it with the toast. However, that was just minor.

Hearing the beach waves crash onto the shore was just the best. I have never stayed so close to a beach like that. I had no problem going to sleep and no problem waking up. It was the perfect sounds one needs to hear to get a good nights sleep. Even the hurricane like rains were welcoming.

The Wi-Fi was perfect from every part of the hotel to the point where I was able to skype my parents back home with no problem and I was able to watch my slingbox cable television on my tablet.

Just a small side note... THERE IS A PRISON with beach views. I'm not kidding. The national penitentiary of La Ceiba has it's prison right on the beach. That must be some sort of torture to hear the waves but can't play in it. To see the waves but can't enjoy it's view. This city, La Ceiba is so full of strange wonderment. And this prison on the shore is just one of them. An overgrown golf course, rail tracks that no longer carry trains, and illegal tolls to pay for washed out roads etc...

When it was time to leave, I was actually sad. I will miss this place even the cat that sauntered about during our meals or just lounging with us at the beach. Gringo (the cat's name) added to our wonderful experience.

Room tip: the best rooms are on the second floor facing the beach in either buildings
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2016

We stay there only one night. The service is terrible, the hallways are with sensor light which go off quickly before you are able to open the room door, which is very scary. There was no hot water. The pool was filthy. Don't know about the dinner since the waiter was taking order did not put my order in, so I got up and left to my room. The continental breakfast was skimpy if you like to eat, but ok. This was the first and last stay at the Partenon for us.

Room tip: I like top floors
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank madeloney
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I asked where was the best place to eat fish in La Ceiba, several people told me that the fish and food at this hotel is really good that is was a good place, actually the food is great the service is OK and the location in great (right in front of the beach) with a little reggae music in the background.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We didn't stay at the hotel but enjoyed a meal at their spectacular restaurant!
Before we walked into the hotel we could smell the amazing aromas that were the first things to greet us.
Then we walked through the restaurant to see the beautiful location on the ocean!!! The cool breeze was a delight and we sat out on the beach side for quite a while before we went in to enjoy the meal.
The food was incredible! Lobster, Shrimp, Beef, Pork, Chicken, Vegetables, Rice and beans, Plantains, and a lovely salad served to our group of 15 on two huge platters for everyone to share from!!!! It was so fun and created a great opportunity for more collaborative conversation. We were ending a wonderful weekend of Christian missions conferences in Le Ceiba and we could not have enjoyed the evening more as we lingered long into the night over the table. Thank you!!!!

Room tip: Views of the ocean will be spectacular!
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank PonyMimi
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Service Excellent, I fell inlove with my room, and the view , at sunrise and sunset WOW a mega WOW WOW , located on a stretch of beach were you just must take off your sandals and allow your feet to absorb and fell the white sand, do not stop there walk a few feets and feel the salt sea water splash on yor feet, , there is nothing i like least I loved everything , but what i love moest is the buffet everything so , and sooo many fruits and vegatables to choose from, WOW WOW, and my husband he soo loved our stay there , sports , entertainment, apetizers everything we really look forward to our next vacation stay there..WE LOVED BEING AND BREATHING IN SUCH A SAFE ENVIROMENT. IN THESE TIME AND DAYS THAT WE ARE LIVING IN ALL OVER THE VWORLD , SAFETY IS ALL..........

Room tip: Bungaloos are quieter and more private
Date of stay: June 2015