All reviews place to stay best hotel on the island minute walk the main street hot water comfortable beds needle fish water access wrap around deck tuk tuk ride great hosts every aspect spotted eagle rays laid back thelma microwave bay
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Of all the places I have stayed across Asia and Latin America, this is my favorite hotel of all time. The staff was excellent, and I can still hear the rain fall as I sat on my balcony and enjoyed the view. Stay here, and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This is my third time staying at the Lighthouse and was just as great, if not better, than the first two. I misplaced my wallet and the owner of the hotel was so gracious and helped me until I was able to retrieve it at the local police. Needless to say, they go above and beyond in all aspects. The rooms are clean and the staff makes you feel right at home. Also, you can always see some fantastic sea life right from the deck! I have attached a video of three spotted eagle rays swimming by in the morning. Highly recommend the Lighthouse!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2017

The owners; Oneil Thelma treat you like family. The hotel sits on the edge of the water over looking the bay. The property is very well maintained. The rooms surpass Hilton standards for cleanliness.The rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, plates and silverware. This is a very safe place to stay. This place sits back from the road, this is a real benefit. Many of the hotels sit next to the street,which is a real problem with all of the motorcycles and ATV driving by on the main street in town. One of the better restaurants in town is a 2 minute walk from the property.I'm sitting on the porch outside our room enjoying a warm breeze;taking in the incredible view as I write this.

Room Tip: Ask for the water side of the property
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frequenttravelerdave
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Thelma and O'neill was super friendly and took good care of us. Rooms were clean and quiet. Location was also good and restaurants were close. It is worth of money for sure. If we come back to Utila we know where we are staying.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2017

The Lighthouse is by far the best hotel on the island of Utila. It gets the 100% Q-S-C-RP factor. Quiet, Safe, Clean, and Reasonably Priced. There is nothing better in this world to lay on a hammock and watch the sunset. The Boddens are wonderful hosts, and have a lot of information to share about the island.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple