Coral View Beach Resort
The Gardens Utila(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
US$ 80
Utila Lodge(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$ 119
US$ 115
  • Restaurant
Sea Eye Resort(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
US$ 92
The Colibri Hill Resort(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$ 89
US$ 86
  • Breakfast included
Coral Beach Village(Utila)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Mango Inn Resort(Utila)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Tropical Sunset Hotel(Utila)(Great Value!)
Utopia Village(Utila)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Hotel Rose(Utila)
Agoda.com
All reviewsdive shopblue bayouwalk into townfourth floorhotel restaurantmeet your needsdive mastersecond storyspent two weeksfishquiet locationferry dockceiling fanthe air conditioningshore divegolf carthot water
Reviewed 7 February 2017

If diving is your priority in Utila, this is a great location. House reef on one side, dive shop and boats on the other. Its a bit out of town (though a nice walk) which can be an advantage and disadvantage at the same time. I loved the location as diving was my priority. Ms Tonya and staff were friendly, attentive, and served some delicious eats. They accommodated our large group and always had smiles on their faces. I spent many afternoons on the house dock with a beer and book in hand--it became one of my favorite spots on the island. I would love to visit Coral View again :)

1  Thank Candice R
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Mrs Tonia is the sweetest lady!! Very friendly and decently clean. It was a great place for a large group of people! It was a blast when our large group stayed there! It is a family friendly resort right off the ocean!

1  Thank acm962017
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Ms. Tonya and her staff went above and beyond to ensure that our group felt at home. Everyday, we would come back from diving to a clean room with beds made, trash gone, and fresh folded towels on our bed. The food was outstanding. We became friends with the staff because we stayed there for 3 weeks. They treated us like family. This was my 2nd trip to Utila and I've stayed here both times. I will definitely be going back!

1  Thank kristenkaye2017
Reviewed 8 January 2017

We just spent two weeks at Coral View and would stay here again. The staff is very friendly, always willing to help out. Ms Tonya went above and beyond for us everyday. The hotel is about a 15-20 min walk to downtown, so if you are in Utila for party scene, this is not the place for you. It is nice and quiet at this end of the town. The hotel has their own restaurant if you don't want to do the walk to town or the $2 tuk-tuk taxi ride into town. There is a great reef right of the hotel dock that is amazing, we saw rays, octopus and many fish right here...and you can have a cold drink from the bar when you get out of the water. The rooms have fans and aircon (a little noisy but it does the trick). The staff cleaned the rooms everyday (often while we were at the complimentary breakfast). Rooms could use a little updating but we were not here to spend time in the rooms! If you do come here, bring some bug spray or baby oil as there are sand fleas or some other tiny bug in the mornings and early evening. A good spot to relax in Utila.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank CarlisleLori
Reviewed 21 May 2016

We stayed at the Coral View Beach resort during our friends dive trip. It's a very reasonably priced, clean, friendly, no-frills place. Being a bit out of town (10 min. tuk tuk ride), I would really recommend it for those who, like me, are there for the diving or snorkeling (at the in-premises dive center) while still partaking in local restaurants without having to endure the noise at night.

The food is simple but good. The garlic or coconut shrimp or conch were excellent, and so was the ceviche.

They have a bar on the water from which you can start your shore dives or snorkel excursions. Helena, the 24x7 bartender was wonderful and her 1.5 yo daughter, who sleeps in a little hammock in the premises and plays with the regulars, a delight. The hotel restaurant will bring the food to the bar (a couple of hundred feet away) if you ask them to.

The rooms are simply appointed and large enough. Most importantly, they are clean.

The staff is eager to help. Please leave a tip for them if you think, as I did, they did a great job. It will make a big difference for them and their families.

The negative? Internet access was slow. I'm blessed (or not) with a need to log in to work every day even on vacation and this was a problem for me.

In summary, I really recommend it for the traveller on a budget, as long as you don't expect the Ritz.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends