All reviews queen ann dive master fish captain albert whale sharks bay islands college of diving dive trip screened in porch dive sites deliver coffee great dive chicken fajitas fourth visit the kitchen staff fascinating stories delivered fresh big storm
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Had an awesome time with the staff at Utilla Lodge! The diving was absolutely phenomenal with everything taken care of from equipment setup to coffee delivery in the mornings! Such an amazing vibe and friendly atmosphere, that I will be returning in only 1 short month to complete their instructor development course which I am really looking forward to!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DivingUtila, Marketing Coordinator at Utila Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the awesome time last week! We had a blast as well. Can't wait to spend more time with you on The Rock when you come back down to do your IDC.

Cheers man!

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Family like environment, excellent location - everything is located on a dock - very helpful and friendly staff. Since it was a scuba diving trip I have to mention the extreme professionalism of our Master Scuba Diver Trainer Gabrielle Bertrand. Many thanks and definitively I'll be coming back !

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DivingUtila, Marketing Coordinator at Utila Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Thanks a bunch Andrei! We had an awesome time with you and can't wait for you to come back to dive with us!

Reviewed 23 November 2017

First dive ever and I have to say it was a delightful experience. The guys at Utila lodge are a lively bunch, full of spirit. I enjoyed every moment. I would be back for sure in future!
The corals are amazing.,never seen so many fish at a time. We were accompanied by instructors who helps you around and you don't at all need to know swimming to go diving.
Would definitely recommend this place for anyone planning to go diving .

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the awesome review! Having the Dive World group down here was a BLAST! We are definitely looking forward to your return to Utila Lodge for another week of diving and FUN!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I spent a week at the Utila Lodge scuba diving. I did three dives each day for The first three days but the last three days we were hit by a big storm that closed all ports and airports. The three days i dove were great. The night dive was oustanding. I got video of an octopus out on an aggressive night hunt. It was like watching the discovery channel. The dive master, Gaby, was wonderful and very enthusiastic. She sincerely enjoyed her job and made sure she was showing me as much as possible under water. All of the dive staff at Utila Lodge love what they do and are more than eager to show You a great time under water. Even during the three rained out days i had a very enjoyable time thanks to Sean McCarthy, the marketing director. He made sure i was comfortable throughout my stay and was having a good time (considering the Weather of course). I basically had breakfast, lunch and dinner with the staff (mainly Gaby and Sean). Sean is an enthusiastic young man who is a great conversationalist with a lot of outdoor experience and lots of WWII knowledge (i am a WWII history buff myself). I highly recommend staying and diving with Utila Lodge. Just make sure you go during the dry season or you’ll risk of getting rained out.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
DivingUtila, Marketing Coordinator at Utila Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Hey Cristian,

Thanks a lot for the review! It was an absolute pleasure to have you down here. Glad you had a great time despite the rough weather we had while you were here. Gaby and I enjoyed sharing plenty of dives, conversations, and meals with you. Hopefully you can make your way back down here in the Spring for some better weather and more awesome diving.

Hope all is well back at the Law Firm!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

The Utila Lodge has everything all in one place. The housing, restaurant and dive operation are all very close together and easily accessible. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.
The lodge is small (8 rooms total). When we were there in August, we were the only two diving guests which was great.
Utila is a bit harder to get to than other places since there are not direct flights from the US. We took the ferry over from Roatan but you can also fly or take the ferry from mainland Honduras.
The best part of the Utila Lodge is the diving operation. The divemaster, Willie, knew the dive sites really well and had a great eye for finding fish and critters. The dive sites were in good condition for the most part and there were many things that I saw on this trip that I had never seen before such as a long armed octopus, mushroom scorpionfish, lesser electric ray, and spotted snake eel. Three dives a day is the standard; two morning dives and an afternoon dive. On days when you are night diving, there is no afternoon dive.
I will be going back to Utila and staying at Utila Lodge.

Date of stay: August 2017
DivingUtila, Marketing Coordinator at Utila Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Hey Larry,

Thanks for the kind words! You and Mike were awesome to have here and we look forward to having you two rejoin us in 2018.

Cheers!