See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Dean and the other staff can't do enough to help. I even got a lift to the dive shop on my first day when I didn't have a clue where I was. The rooms were very basic but gave all that was advertised..

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Small complex of rooms which are family owned. Clean, nothing fancy, basic, but all a diver needs. Stove, frig, couch, table with chairs, a place to relax between dives. Close to all the dive shops, particularly Gunthers about a block away and many choices for food. If you are budget minded, this fits the bill. Right on main walk.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2015

We stayed in the apartment for two weeks which was clean, cozy, and comfortable. The owners, Dean and Remy were friendly, inviting and completely accommodating. You can swim right off the dock, and it's a lovely view of the bay. A great location--close to everything but far enough away from the main dock and dive shops for a quieter atmosphere. Overall we highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2015

Found this on my second day on the island. I had spent the first day calling in and looking at as many "hotels' as I could find. First night I stayed at hotel Utila on recommendation of a friend then moved to Bay view for the next 3 nights. Everything good you read in reviews is true, great place to stay. The review about " being overcharged " I mentioned to the owners, they explained what occurred - there are always two sides to every story. I paid 45 Dollars a night for air con room, not the cheapest room in Utila but better than others I saw for 35 to 50. In all my reviews I like to give pros and cons. Like I say pros are all the good things you read about in other reviews. Cons are: no TV in room, no hot water in bathroom sink and lack of curtain or blind in bathroom, it didn't bother me but ladies may not feel comfortable about using bathroom when any guests walking past can see in. If I return to Utila for sure I would stay here again. Just a hint about staying in Bay Islands, if travelling by ferry do not buy a return ticket. Twice in one month I got caught out and the return ferry to La Ceiba did not run so I had to fly off Roatan and Utila and ferries do not refund unused tickets.

Room tip: Room 18 has balcony. Other rooms, check to see if passing guests can see in due to lack of curtains, nets or blinds.
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The room was clean and comfortable, in a convenient location that was about a block out of the busy part of town so the area stayed quiet. The family that ran the Hotel were very friendly, a pleasure to talk to. The A/C was a little undersized for the room, so it took a long time to cool. Overall, a comfortable place that I would recommend.

Date of stay: June 2014