“best option”
Review of BayView Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Utila
BayView Hotel
Ranked #9 of 14 Utila B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 February 2015

Found this on my second day on the island. I had spent the first day calling in and looking at as many "hotels' as I could find. First night I stayed at hotel Utila on recommendation of a friend then moved to Bay view for the next 3 nights. Everything good you read in reviews is true, great place to stay. The review about " being overcharged " I mentioned to the owners, they explained what occurred - there are always two sides to every story. I paid 45 Dollars a night for air con room, not the cheapest room in Utila but better than others I saw for 35 to 50. In all my reviews I like to give pros and cons. Like I say pros are all the good things you read about in other reviews. Cons are: no TV in room, no hot water in bathroom sink and lack of curtain or blind in bathroom, it didn't bother me but ladies may not feel comfortable about using bathroom when any guests walking past can see in. If I return to Utila for sure I would stay here again. Just a hint about staying in Bay Islands, if travelling by ferry do not buy a return ticket. Twice in one month I got caught out and the return ferry to La Ceiba did not run so I had to fly off Roatan and Utila and ferries do not refund unused tickets.

Room Tip: Room 18 has balcony. Other rooms, check to see if passing guests can see in due to lack of curtains...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The room was clean and comfortable, in a convenient location that was about a block out of the busy part of town so the area stayed quiet. The family that ran the Hotel were very friendly, a pleasure to talk to. The A/C was a little undersized for the room, so it took a long time to cool. Overall, a comfortable place that I would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Great location, near the beach and the nightlife. A/C only cooled at night, but it's an island in the carribean, what do you expect? Best part is the deck and clean water, and has a view of the sea. Has shops nearby if you need anything. Went with 20 friends and didn't have a problem. The bathroom can be uncomfortable because of the location of the window.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank juan p
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

The family ownrs there are lovely, so laid back. Rooms have nice, comfy bed/s and some have a fridge which is always a godsend. Shower was obe of the best ive had in ages.

A bit further away from town to avoid the main noise but not more than five mins walk to the centre.

Great outdoor area on the water to chill or jump in and have a swim.

Would recommend trying to ask for the rooms nearest the sea for obvious reasons. The one on the top right is really nice and only $30 a night.

It's just a shame there is no kitchen as we would still be staying there if they had.

Thanks again to dean (Patrick) and his lovely wife. You made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks, the room was clean and we had an Ocean view deck, which made it very special for us. We stayed here with family and friends, it is well located, not too far from the action, yet far enough away from the really noisy bars. Remy &Dean (his wife) are wonderful people, very nice and friendly. We had Remy take us to Water Cay twice for snorkeling. That was an experience not to be missed. We stayed in #18 and everything was great, including our own private geko! A/C was noisy, but I just pushed something against the wall to stop the vibration. The room is basic, but we loved it, the deck and our 2 weeks spent in Utila. Even though we had a tropical storm at the end.

Room Tip: We liked #18 it is the only one with a private balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family