“Awesome Experience”

Clip N Zip Canopy Tours
Ranked #58 of 192 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the wonders of our beautiful island from new heights with an exhilarating Roatan canopy tour through tropical foliage. As the newest and safest Roatan zip line excursion on the island, our tours feature diverse vegetation, unique tropical wildlife, and stunning Caribbean ocean views. An adrenaline-laced Roatan shore excursion for young and old alike, Clip 'N Zip Canopy Tours is located within a nature preserve, only 50 feet from the new Mahogany Bay cruise port.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My 9 yr old son and I were lucky to land up as the only two people arriving at Clip n Zip when we did, so we had a private zip line experience. Neither of us had ever done a zip line before. Our two guides, Marlon and Dennis, gave us a thorough safety briefing and then we were off. What an amazing experience. Felt safe at all times. When up on platforms, they clip you to a safety cable. They have a third cable that you are clipped to for safety when you ride. And they took amazing pictures for us. My camera battery was dead, and they only charged me $20 for a CD of all our photos - 68! A much better deal than any other excursion we did. Would definitely recommend Clip N Zip to anyone.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

This was so great as it was walking distance to the ship and it was so SAFE. I am afraid of heights and was terrified and my children were also doing it which also freaked me out but it was so safe and after the first zip, I was thrilled, it was so exciting and fun and did I mention I felt incredibly safe. The zipping itself was awesome, I would say the scariest part was standing on the platforms waiting. I highly recommend this, the guides were amazing. There were 5 guides for our group of 11. $40 per person totally worth every penny.

1  Thank belle1627
Reviewed 29 January 2012

First, a little background. There are two cruise ports in Roatan--the port in Coxen Hole where Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and other lines dock. Then there is Mahogany Bay where Carnival docks. Clip N Zip is across the street from Mahogany Bay and therefore readily available to Carnival patrons. This is addressed to patrons of other cruise lines.
As you get off the ship in Coxen Hole, various activity promoters are located within the shopping area. Clip N Zip was in booth 7. You can buy tickets there. Credit cards accepted. Cost is about $40 for just the zipline. This includes transportation to and from Clip N Zip. The site is about a 20 minute ride from the Coxen Hole port on the east side of the island. Our driver was Omar. He has some ability in English, and he is able to answer many questions about the area during the drive. More on Omar later.

The office at Clip N Zip is rustic. They have lockers for rent, but they will not hold a backpack. There were no ships at Mahogany Bay and we were their only customers for the day. There were 4 of us--a 4 year old, his parents with one prior zip experience and me, a 62 year old with an ICD and who is afraid of heights. There were about 6 young men at the office. We were fitted with gear and helmets. We left our backpacks in the open and one of the young men promised to watch them.

The ride and climb to the first platform was the most difficult part of the adventure. The road is very rutted and muddy. I had serious doubts at times. After arrival at the site, there is a somewhat steep climb up to the base of the first platform. I did not have a problem other than getting winded. They have a water cooler at the top and suggest you drink a cup of water before you leave. We were accompanied by 4 young men most of whom spoke very good English. We had a thorough safety briefing. The climb up the first platform was very easy. At every step, we were secured to the platforms or a 3rd cable. At no time did I feel uncomfortable, even when we zipped over water. One of the young men accompanied my grandson on every line. After the first line, my grandson was all smiles and begging to go by himself. The construction of all the platforms and the cables looked very safe and professional. Total length is about a mile and you wind up back at the office. The men pointed out plants and animals along the route. The black iguanas were quite abundant. Took about 90 minutes from the time we arrived until we were ready to go. Our backpacks were safe. I wish I remembered all the guys' names but William seemed to be in charge.

It was Omar's job to take us back to Coxen Hole. We told him we wanted to go to the West End, specifically to Half Moon Bay. He told us that a taxi ride from Coxen Hole would cost us about $60. As we approached Coxen Hole he saw a group of idle taxis. He stopped and negotiated a trip to Half Moon Bay for $40 and the driver would return at a specific time and take us back to the ship.

1  Thank pblead
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Paul, Derron, Morlon and Omar made me feel very comfortable celebrating my 75th birthday and recovering from a fractured femur! I was in safe hands, thanks, guys.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Can't say enough about Clip N Zip. The guys who give you the canopy tour which is 11 zip lines are the best! The equipment is safe, the experience is really cool, the price is cheap ($40.00 not including well deserved tips) and you have time to hang out in Mahogany Bay once it's over. I highly recommend Clip N Zip. Have a good time.