“Best Canopy Tour - Excellent Experience with an Honest Business”

South Shore Zipline
Roatan Shore Excursion: Zip 'n' Dip Canopy Tour
Ranked #12 of 179 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer 11 zip-lines and 13 platforms through the jungle. This is a tour design for adventure seekers of all ages with great views and long zips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ramrod Key, Florida
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Best Canopy Tour - Excellent Experience with an Honest Business”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My wife and I asked around and the locals recommended South Shore Zipline as the best Canopy tour in Roatan and we would agree. There were 13 Ziplines and landing platforms deep into and over the jungle among the birds, butterflys and reptiles. I really liked seeing the Jesus lizard (it can run on water) running away from us a few times. My wife was nervous but she was quickly laughing and having a GREAT time. South Shore designed a double cable and double roller system for extra safety. Although they do not allow you to carry a camera, they will carry your camera and take photos of you at no additional charge. We loved that since they helped us do some tricks (very safe and easy) that made for great photos. They send a van with AC to pick you and and bring you back as a part of the $45 price. We couldn't help giving a good tip. We were about 15 minutes from the South Shore Canopy tour and after we were back at our room for an hour we got a big surprise. The driver from the van asked about us and had the place find us. He proudly returned my ziplock bag that had my cash and credit card in it - UNBELIEVABLE! My wife tried to give him a tip as thanks and it was difficult because he said that he was just doing the honest thing. She did persist until she could give him some money. I highly recommend this attraction.

1 Thank TheFishin6
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

buffalo, ny
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Life Long Memories of a Beautiful Country Seen With South Shore”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The best excursion we had while on our Western Caribbean Cruise... Our guide was a very friendly woman (fogot her name) who told us much about the country and local issues while driving to the zip line location. Zip line location was busy but well organized. Safety First was a strict motto and felt very comfortable as myself and two teenage sons zip lined across the country side. Sights of the jungle as well as the shore were amazing. I wish we had been able to see more wildlife in the trees - guess we will need to go back some other day... To our pleasant surprise our $40.00 included a a two hour beach stop at West End Beach - what a breathtakingly beauiful cove beach location - great local restaurant and tables with swings for seats! Be prepared for a lot of locals approaching you on the beach to buy things... This was a great end to a great excursion. We left the beach a little later than we shoudl have and our tour driver got us efficiently to the 'back door' entry to the port with 25 minutes to spare: she was great! Would highligh recommend South Shore!

1 Thank patmatleo
Toronto
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Well Done”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Organized 25 of our friends to zipline and we had a terrific time!
Professional, safe and fun.

Salt Lake City, Utah
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Still Greatness!”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

April 2012- This is our 2nd trip to South Shore Canopy Tours in Roatan, Honduras. 4 years separated us from our first visit and this attraction continues to thrill and impress. We took our two 13 year olds this time. I ordered tickets online using PayPal with absolutely no issues. We chose to get off of the cruise ship among the first group so we could zip line and then have plenty of time at the beach. South Shore has now added a formal gift shop and snack bar with a great view. Safety continues to be a primary focus. We felt completly safe and each platform had a worker ready to assist. There were no shortcuts on safety and the equipment was solid. The rush is still there as you are flying over the tops of trees with the Carribean Sea always on the horizon. The operators were friendly and family could not have been more thrilled. From the first time my wife and I went on this zipline 4 years ago I've wanted to bring the kids. This did not disapoint and definitely we can check this one off the family bucket list with saying this was the highlight we were hoping for.

Orlando, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“My first time Ziplining!”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I just wanted to start off with saying that my husband and I had a great time ziplining for the first time with South Shore Zipline. We were given the pros and cons of a few of the companies on the island, but chose this one because we were told that we had to do our own breaking which sounded pretty cool to us!

We did 13 lines and I only did 1 tandem in order to do the tricks. Our guides (I wish I could remember their names!!!) seemed to really enjoy what they do and were fun to hang out with. They took plenty of photos of my husband and I together using our own equipment. They even took video of us as well using our iphones. The videos came out very good! I considered ziplining on Royal Caribbean's Labadee last year, but it was sold out. That was I believe 80 dollars for 1 line. This was a much better deal!

When we got there we paid the fee to the lady out front. We were immediately taken around the corner to get suited up. We saw some monkeys in a cage while getting dressed. We declined to play with them later.

We then proceeded to cross the jungle 13 times. The scenery was beautiful! We got a little exercise too, but it wasn't too taxing physicially.

When we finished our guides kind of sucker punched us with a line about "We took care of you and now you can take care of us. We typically get about 20 dollars a piece." I didn't really care for the way they went about it because we really enjoyed them and our time together. We paid them 20 a piece, but it certainly dampened our mood a little. We laughed about it later, but it would have been nice to be prepared and set a tip limit before we went. So, be prepared for the pitch for tips when you are done. Set your limit and stick to it. If you want to do 20 a piece as they request, budget it in.

In my opinion, South Shore Zipline was fun...but be aware that you may get hit up for some big tips. My hope is that you still go, but you expect this and don't let it ruin the fun! Good luck and have fun!

1 Thank infl